Chapter 7

Chapter 7                           

I woke up in a room I didn’t recognize.

When I tried to sit up, someone put their hand on my shoulder and made me lie back down. I followed the hand and came face to face with a worried looking Zev.

“Are you okay?” He asked, looking everywhere in my body and finally settling his gaze in my eyes.

“I’m fine. Where am I?”

“You’re in my room.”

I looked around and noticed that it was a typical guy room, with Zev’s scent all over the place.

“How long was I out?” I asked, placing my hand over my head.

The pain I felt before blacking out was gone and my body didn’t hurt. If there had been an injury, it had healed on its own. I was worried that someone might have noticed I healed too quickly and found it suspicious.

If Zev or any of the guys saw my healing gift, they would surely freak out.

“It’s midday. You’ve been asleep a little over three hours.”

I tried sitting up again, but Zev stopped me before I did.

“Cass, you shouldn’t get up. Nate told me you banged your head pretty hard against the ground.”

The concern was palpable in his expression and in the way he spoke. I felt guilty for making him worry about me. I had gotten hurt, but I was completely healed now. The only marks that always remained were the bruises. The bruising was the only thing that healed regularly, like a human did.

“I’m fine,” I said, smiling reassuringly.

When I moved around to sit down, I felt a light ache in my stomach. When I picked up my shirt, I noticed the hand prints on the sides of my waist and over my stomach.

Nick. I groaned.

He had been holding my waist roughly, even more when we landed on the ground.

While I was moving around, I felt a tingling in my shoulder. More fingerprints were marked on the skin of my shoulder, those belonged to Zev.

Zev was staring at my bruises with a guilty expression.

“That was me,” he mumbled, reaching out to touch my shoulder.

He ran his hand softly over my bruised skin. A solemn expression took over his face when I cringed from his touch.

“I’m really sorry Cass. I didn’t think I had pressed down so hard,” he said, pulling his hand back.

“It’s cool, don’t worry about it,” I smiled.

“Who did those?” Zev asked, pointing at my stomach, which was still exposed. “It wasn’t me, was it?”

“It was Nick,” I said, grumpily. “He was trying to stop Nate from taking me and got a little carried away with his hold. When he fell, he was grabbing on to me for dear life,” I told Zev with a chuckle.

Zev just frowned at my words.

“I shouldn’t have lost control. I’m sorry I let him hurt you,” Zev apologized, looking away from me.

“Zev, it wasn’t your fault. You weren’t even there when Nick did this,” I told him.

I didn’t think it was right for Zev to blame himself for what Nick had done.