Chapter 12

Chapter 12

It was really dark outside when I woke up, groggy from my sleep. A light thud woke me up, and I could hear movement in my room. When I opened my eyes, I noticed a figure standing near the window.

I abruptly sat up from my bed and was about to cry bloody murder when he spoke up. "Don't yell, it's me," he said in a quiet smooth voice.

"Layton?" I whispered.

"Yeah," he replied, closing the window.

"What are you doing here?" I asked softly.

I couldn't explain why his presence in the middle of the night didn't scare me. It was one of those things about Layton that I couldn't explain to myself.

"I tried calling you and you didn't pick up. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

He was now standing next to my bed. It was dark in my room, the only light coming from the moon outside my window.

"Oh," I mumbled.

"Are you? Okay, I mean?" he asked, taking a seat on my bed.

"I have no idea. Today was crazy," I replied, lying back down.

"Was it bad crazy?"

"I'm not sure. I don't know what to make of what happened," I replied honestly.

"I want to stay here with you." His voice was serious, like he expected me to agree.

"Why?" I asked suspiciously.

"I just want to be near you."

I thought about his words. It wasn't like we were going to be doing anything, other than sleeping. If he tried something on me, all I had to do was keep him in place until I called someone to kick him out.

I wanted to be near him too. I was still confused by my attraction towards him; it scared me more than before. But I felt compelled to be with him, to make him happy.

"Lock the door before you come to bed. I don't need my parents walking in on us." Layton nodded his head in agreement. In record time, he locked the door and was getting into bed with me.

I turned away from him, lying down on my side. His naked chest was pressed against my back. He was only wearing a pair of shorts, and I wondered if he had run all way to my house.

I wasn't too surprised when he placed his right hand over my waist and scooted me closer to him so that there was no space between us.

The next morning arrived far too quickly for my taste. I was lying on my stomach, and something heavy was over me, keeping me pressed to the bed.

An arm was securely wrapped around my waist, which made me freak out for a moment. A tingling sensation, like small electric shocks of pleasure, was running through my body.

Layton.

He was the one who usually incited those feelings in me.

When I shuffled around in bed and landed on my back, I found Layton asleep, on top of me. I tried getting up, which made Layton stir in his sleep.

I settled with grabbing my phone from the bedside table to check the time, only to notice I had a lot of missed calls and text messages. It was just after nine, but the inbox in my phone was full with texts, most from last night.

Last night, after hearing my phone beep and ring so many times, I had put it in silent and let it go off on its own.

The last calls and texts were from Zev. I hurriedly raised the volume on my phone and typed out a message to him.