20.Girl talk

"Oh this is not fair!" I exclaimed walking into Jessica's Four Season's hotel suite.
"Life isn't fair. What are you doing here?"
"I need to talk to you...about last night."
"What about it?"
"I slept with Dante," I blurted out.
Jessica's face stayed neutral.
I gestured to her.
"I'm sorry I don't see where the problem is?"
"Tell me it's not right?!"
Jessica laughed, "Then I'd be a hypocrite. Do you think I didn't have sex with Javier?"
"Just tell me anything! Say you're mad at me!"
"Pearce I'm not your mother. You're a 27 year old FBI agent. If you had to sleep with the a suspect for the case, then that's that."
I followed her to the expensively decorated living room. Her sofas were overflowing with cushions. She plopped down in her plush white terrycloth bathrobe, her hair in a towel. I went over to the little Dollie by the window, where the liquor was and poured myself a glass.
"Its nine in the morning," Jessica pointed out.
"After the night I had I need a drink."
"So how was it?"
I choked on the whisky.
"Come on Pearce we're adults here. We both know how babies are made."

I sat down next to her, careful not to spill the whisky. "It was. It was amazing. I thought it'd would be...I don't know weird or something. But it wasn't, I missed it."

"Pearce when you texted me at 7 in the morning you said you need to talk and that's important, I assumed it was important. This isn't a issue."
"It's huge issue."
Jessica smirked, "I bet it was."
"I'm not that person to use sex for something. I'm not perfect but I have morals."
I leaned back and rubbed my eyes.
"You look tired," Jessica observed.
"I haven't had proper sleep in like 36 hours. Ahhhh!"
"Let me get you some coffee," she said.
"Did you talk to Jake?"
"CalTech boy? Not since yesterday. Why?"

"I bumped into him coming out of my room last night. My hair was messy, my dress had moved up and I didn't have shoes on. He knew what I was doing."

"Since when do you care what a tech boy thinks? Got a little nerdy crush do we?"

"I don't care what anyone else thinks. But he's different, he's not corrupted like the rest of us."

"You think he's pure," Jessica added, handing me a cup of coffee. "We can do with a little pure."

I leaned back and closed my eyes, while I took sip of coffee. Memories of last night came back.

It'd be wrong to say I didn't enjoy it. I remembered everywhere he touched me. Everywhere he kissed me. Every time he I moaned his name.

"Pearce," Jessica snapped her fingers in front of my face. My eyes opened. "You should get some sleep."
"Nah. I gotta give this to Jake," I said pulling out a little hard disk thing out of my purse. I copied everything that was on Dante's phone, this morning, while he was sleeping. "Duplicated Dante's phone. I have to meet up with my attorney. Pick up Will from the hospital. Then I have to see how our 'prisoner' is doing. Have you guys thought about what to do with him?"
"Well we can't keep him locked up, we can't release him."
"Okay, I need a shower. So I'm leaving."
I finished off my whiskey and left my coffee unfinished. I grabbed my things and headed for the door, Jessica stopped me.
"Hey if you're serious about Jake got for it."
I laughed lightly, "Jess...have you seen my situation. It's too complicated."
"You're just making it complicated. I did the same thing, now look forty and miserable."
"Because that's you! Not me! I'm sorry I'm tired. I didn't mean that."
"You did mean that."
"Jake is innocent. It would be to selfish to be with a good guy like him. Not after being selfish with Dante."
"How were you selfish with Dante?"
"How was I not? I overlooked him dealing drugs, selling weapons and prostitution!"
"You were young and naive."
"Young and naive would be if I overlooked him checking out another girl's ass. This isn't naive this is selfish! I wanted the perfect little life: the handsome multimillionaire and becoming a lawyer that I didn't consider the possibility it too good to be true!"
"Well then why did you marry him?"
"Because he treated me like a princess! Because he made me feel different and beautiful! I don't know," I threw up my arms. "I'll, I'll see you at the warehouse."