seven // the witching hour

AN: before you get too deep in this chapter may i remind you this is a HORROR story okay thank you enjoy

-

Tonight was the night I was excited for, yet terrified for all at the same time. I've been anticipating its arrival for a while now, but when the morning of finally rolled around I didn't know how to feel. I didn't know what to expect, nor did I know what I wanted to expect.

Today is Halloween. And there was no better place to spend it than at the Hollywood Hills Hotel.

I'm obsessed with that place. I was denial about it for a while, but now I don't care to admit it. I am completely consumed and utterly infatuated by the haunted hotel. I didn't know what it was about it that drew me in more than anything else; whether it was the walls, the windows, the reputation, or the residents inside, something about that old, decrepit building somehow meant everything to me.

I haven't even known about it for that long. It's only been about a month, yet every time I step foot through it's doors I feel like I'm home. It's starting to concern me a little.

Maybe I'm just interested, that's all. Maybe I like to hang out with Michael. Or maybe I'm just obsessed with the fact that I haven't let it kill me yet.

"How do I look?" Christi stepped out of the bathroom in her halloween consume, twirling around for me to see. She was going to a party at a nearby frat house, and her costume wasn't much of a costume at all. She was wearing nothing but a black body suit and a pair of cat ears.

"You forgot pants." I remarked.

My roommate rolled her eyes. "I'm not supposed to be wearing pants."

"Well then you're gonna catch a cold. And possibly an STD."

Christi stared at me blankly. "Gosh. You are a bitch," she said, spinning around and walking back into the bathroom. She grabbed a Sharpie and leaned over the sink, drawing whiskers on her face. "What's gotten into you lately?"

"Uh, nothing?" I replied, raising my eyebrows at her. "I just think you should at least wear like, a skirt or something. I can see your butt."

Christi giggled. "That's the point. Matt's gonna be there."

"Ah, yes. Good ol' Matt," I scoffed as I got up off my bed, grabbing my purse. "The same one that knocked up Ashley Young freshman year and got her kicked out of school. Whatta guy."

I slung my bag over my shoulder and puffed out a deep breath. "Anyways, I'm going. I'll see you later."

I started towards the door, but I stopped when Christi backed out of the bathroom. "Wait, where are you going?"

"Does it matter?" I asked. "Just out."

My roommate narrowed her eyes and put her hands on her hips, looking at me skeptically.

"Don't tell me you're going back to that stupid hotel." she said.

"So what if I am?" I asked defensively, crossing my arms over my chest.

"On Halloween?!" Christi groaned. "You're crazy, Jade!"

"Oh, so now I'm a bitch, and I'm crazy? Well now I know what to put in my Tinder bio. Thanks!" I smiled innocently at Christi and turned to leave the room.

As I let the door slam shut behind me, I heard her voice down the hall. "...If you get possessed, I'm vouching for a new roommate!"

-

When I got to the hotel, the lobby was full of people. And they were all mortals.

As I stepped through the front doors, I stopped in my tracks with a gasp and gazed around the room. The lights were all on, the couches were all occupied, the elevators were taking people upstairs, and the bar was full of customers clinking their bottles with each other.