Dead Inside (Akaashi x Reader) // Requested

Warning! (A/N): This one shot has been inspired by the "Dead Inside" song by Muse. Enjoy the read!

This story actually has no different setting than the usual... it's set in Japan in normal high school life. I hope you'll appreciate it the same 😄

~~~●••●••●~~~

I had never seen such a calm and composed guy as Keiji Akaashi. He could be compared to the Moon, while I was cheerful and enthusiastic about everything I did in my life. I could be compared to the Sun.

But even though we were so different, so opposite and I found him such a weird guy, I slowly began to be craving for him. It all started when I was in the middle of my second year and he was a classmate of mine. Besides, he was the setter of our school volleyball team. I had agreed to become the manager of that club because my best friend Kotaro Bokuto persuaded (I'd rather say forced) me.

"Ne, [Name]-chan! My team is looking for a manager!" he once mumbled while munching an onigiri during lunch time.

"And... why are you asking me?" I replied bluntly.

"Ne, we all would like him to be a she instead! Karasuno has got TWO girls as managers, we just can't lose this fight!" he was interrupted by an annoyed sigh of mine, but there he went on changing his tone to a child-like, whimsical one "[Name]-chan, you can't be letting me down like this! We're best friend since we were half-meter-high!"

"But-" I tried to object

"You're letting me doooooown!" he repeated dramatically, even louder than before

"Shhhhh! People is starting to look at you, Bakuto!" I hissed "Ok, ok, I'll think about it!"

"Greeeeeat, so you'll be coming to the gym with me after lunch!" said he, without paying any attention to the brand new nickname I came up with for him.

"But-"

"LEEEEETTIN' ME DOOOOOOWN!" he spoke louder again, showing his emo-mode

*Short Time Skip*

So I found myself making my way to the gym after lunch. I sat down on the bleachers and started watching the players during their training routine. It was when they came to practice spiking that I noticed him. As soon as he set the first ball right upon the palm of my best friend, I found out why he was the ace of the team. That setter had the skills to enhance Bokuto's spikes and make them become killing bullets that nearly pierced the court on the other side of the net.

After the training, I found myself agreeing to become the manager of the team completely out of the blue, just like I heard a voice inside that pushed me: do it, just do it!

I just couldn't help but stare at Akaashi while he looked away and his teammates were exulting because they had finally found a girl as a manager. I also found myself quickly looking away when his eyes met mine.

I see magic in your eyes
On the outside you're ablaze and alive

The most beautiful memory I have goes back to a rainy day, one year later than we first met. Strange, isn't it? I was called "Sunny Girl" by everyone, but this happened on a rainy day. Actually, it looked like it was going to be a good day, so I forgot to carry an umbrella with me.

The weather started to change when the training started and it got worse and worse towards the end. Rain was pouring down and I wanted to wait until it was over, but unluckily it looked like it was going to take a very long time. Back then, Akaashi and I were friends but I swear he somehow noticed I had something for him. While I was lost in my thoughts and staring at the pouring rain, he poked upon my shoulder. He had an umbrella in his other hand. So we ended up walking to my place under the same umbrella. He had an arm around my waist and pressed me against his chest. I was always chatting with everybody, but I swear I couldn't speak a word in that very moment. My cheeks were cold as ice for the rain but I was feeling as warm as fire at the same time.

When we got at my place we both were soaking wet, even though we had an umbrella. I stared at him.

"What's up, Sunny Girl? Looks like this is not your weather" he spoke with a little smile while taking off his shoes and wet jacket.

I giggled a bit. "Uhm... I'm sorry you got soaking wet because of me..." I awkwardly replied.

"No matter if it's for you, [Name]". His words caused me to blush, but I swear that what he did after literally set me on fire. He came closer and held me tight, then he whispered in my ear: "No matter I am soaking wet as long as I'm with you". I had never expected such a behavior from the calm, quiet Akaashi, so I mumbled: "A-are you sure you're okay, K-Keiji?".

"Yes... I'm just sick of holding me back from you, [Name]" he said. Then he pressed his lips against mine.

Your lips feel warm to the touch
You can bring me back to life

After that event, Keiji and I got together. I was his girlfriend, and he was my boyfriend. I felt happy everytime I was with him, but I couldn't hold back the feeling that he didn't feel the same.

A year later, we went to different universities and we started seeing each other rarely. The sporadic times we were together, we didn't talk very much. We would always make love and then lay in bed without saying a word. He would fall asleep and I would rest my head upon his chest. We were so close and yet so far.

I wanted to talk to him so bad, I wanted to see him smile, but it never seemed to be the moment. He would always show annoyance, when I tried to start a conversation instead of making love when we met. He would always press his lips against mine to make me shut up.

Feel me now
Hold me please
I need you to see who I am
Open up to me
Stop hiding from me
It's hurting babe
Only you can stop the pain

My happiness started to fade and I knew I couldn't take it anymore, so one day I stood up and told him what I thought, from the first to the last word. I told him that he was killing me, that he wasn't letting me be, that we had been together for a year but we actually knew each other so little and that our relationship was just based on physical attraction... I tried to hold back the tears that were sprinkling from my eyes, but his icy, cold expression froze the words in my throat. He told me that this was just a problem of mine and then walked away. This is how we broke up.

Don't leave me out in the cold
Don't leave me out to die
I gave you everything
I can't give you anymore
Now I've become just like you

My lips feel warm to the touch
My words seem so alive
My skin is warm to caress
I'll control and hypnotise

You've taught me to lie
Without a trace
And to kill with no remorse
On the outside I'm the greatest guy
Now I'm dead inside!

~~~●••●••●~~~

Errrr... Hey there! *awkwardly speaking* OwO''

Uhmmm I can't tell you where is all this sadness coming from but I felt like writing something like this..!

Don't hate me please :3

Please, vote this painful bunch of crap if you liked it! I promise I'll never write something like this again 😉

Peace&love~

Shiri-Chan96 😙