Chapter Sixteen - Four Hours Later

Chapter Sixteen – Four Hours Later

Four Hours Later

A blood droplet from my mouth fell to the floor and echoed around the room awaking me from my slumber. At first, I could not feel anything. My wrists were bound and the pain began to surge from that point up to my arms and then to my dislocated right shoulder and then to my head where I had taken a harsh blow. My lip was cut, more than likely from a punch only I could not quite remember.

Attempting to look around and gather where I was, I discovered my eyesight had blurred and there was no real determining the area or location of where we landed. I did know it was dark, though. There was one, no two people in the room and a small light shaping their outlines before me. I had a really bad feeling but not just for myself. I had a bad feeling for Pandora and Chief.  If they managed to get away, they would be back and they could die. If they got caught, they were probably already dead and I would have been too. Either way, we were screwed.

Before I could fully acknowledge what was happening in the area, clapping filled the sounds of the room and a bright light started to beam down on my face. The heat hit me before the sting of my eyes as sweat started to drop into the cuts on my face. When the laughing came, I realized this was the moment I had been waiting for.

“Pathetic.” Ethan commented as he slid a chair over to me and sat just before with his dark figure gazing at me with his red eyes, “Absolutely pathetic. And to think, under me you could have been so much more.”

Spitting blood at him, my jaw popped and also made an echo in the room. Whoever was with him was still being silent but I assumed I would detest them just the same.

From the corner of my eye, a shine bounced off of someone’s watch exposing a third person. This person had been much quieter than even the first and suddenly a burning started to develop in my stomach again. This was an all-too-familiar feeling and it dawned on me that things were going to get very ugly.

“Where are they?”

Ethan laughed and began to circle me. I could smell the leather he wore, listening to his boots hit the rough concrete below. I ground my teeth and struggled against my binding. Apparently, I was entertaining. It was only slowly coming back to me what events took place after we had been transported.

I remembered flashes, gunshots. Pandora was screaming something at me… but I couldn’t make it out. It made my head hurt just trying. I also had a feeling I didn’t want to.

“I assume you are referring to that bitch of a sister and her large, black friend. I wish that was an easy answer unfortunately it seems they have left you behind.”

I breathed a sigh of relief. Even though the move to save me, a move that would soon be pulled, would have been dangerous, it was a relief she was away. Maybe I deserved this. Maybe it was my time to go and this is why Pandora didn’t know me growing up. It was for the best.

Ethan walked up to me again and placed a hand on my shoulder. My skin felt as if it were boiling at the touch. He was poison, all over. The man was oozing with evil. I knew he wasn’t finished with the torment. I knew his moves too well as it was. But it wasn’t Ethan I feared in this room.

“My dear, young failure. I wanted to introduce you to a very special guest. This man has, more than likely, been the topic of many of your conversations and I feel it is about time the two of you ment.”

My eyesight began to focus again and I was faced with another man entering into the light. He was very tall in a sleek, black suit, black hair slicked back and a silver pocket watch in his hand. He was flipping the object in his pale hands as my eyes tried their best to make out his features more clearly. Ever-so slowly, I realized the man before me resembled another man I knew. Marx and his father shared many common traits.