-- 16 --

"Um, it's a plane! It's a plane! Ummm, no! It's a space ship! It's a space ship with antenna! And two people inside!" I shouted bravely. "Wh...What is that, Mason?"

Ding.

The kitchen timer clicked, making Mason sigh, and deposit his red marker in the tray that I'd placed delicately on the counter. His Looney Toons inspired pyjamas floated elegantly down his frame, swishing as he jumped ecstaticaly in place.

"No!" He slapped his empty palms down on the sheet, his eyes widening and his eyebrows curving upwards. "It was a TV! Is my drawing really that bad?"

"No, Mason!" Liam chimed in, popping up to his brother's side, short a few inches of the top of his yellow head. "You're a much more better drawer than I am. I'm badder."

"Awe." Mason giggled highly, twisting back and forth in place. "Thanks, Liam."

Nate let loose a full out yawn beside me, the dark bags beneath his eyes hinting that sleep had not been his friend.

"I was woken up for this?" Nate deadpanned, giving me an annoyed scowl.

"Don't look at me! It was them!" I whispered quietly, as to not let the hugging demons overhear. "Plus, it's time for breakfast."

"Aw, no! One more round! Let Natty do it this time!" Liam cried, shoving the over flowing box of markers at his brother so that multiple of them spilled out of the sides and onto the carpet. Nate sent me an irritated, but equally hopeful look, and shrugged. He tore off the withered sheet of paper that advertised his brother's work, and laid it carefully on the ground, and set the timer.

"Ready, go!" Mason squealed, jumping rhythmically with Liam at his side.

Nate danced around the page, his hand dragging the marker with swift determination. His tongue was clamped tightly between his chapped lips, and his dead eyes suddenly appeared lively. There was a spark at the back of his mind, and it slightly terrified me.

I'd come to notice after a while that once Nate had put his mind to something, nine times out of ten, he was going to get it.

His waves fell tiredly above his eyes, pointing in all directions, signifying a sleepless night filled with constant tossing and turning. Poor guy. And now he has to get up and entertain his brothers. I wonder what that's like everyday.

"10 seconds!" Liam squealed, his thumb twitching in place, hovering just short of the black button on the top of the timer.

A chilly sweat broke on his brow, and his eyes grew in size slightly, an alarmed expression crossing his features.

His almost four hundred foot shoulder span blocked me from being able to see what he was creating, and I bit my lip in anticipation.

Why as I so inclined to see it? I don't know.

Ding.

He sighed, capping his pen triumphantly, and stealing a glance over his shoulder. He caught my eyes, and a smile twinkled brightly beneath his shimmering irises. I smiled cautiously, unliking that nervous feeling that took over my chest. I really need food.

He eventually swung to the side, putting his master piece on full display. The breath literally disappeared from within my lungs, and I sat, open mouthed, gaping at what he'd been able to whip up in 60 seconds.

A three dimensional version of the Eiffel Tower stood high, poking through the tops of storm clouds above. They loomed dangerously close to the bustling city of Paris, a shock of lightening peeping out of the furthest one.