-- 18 --

The rain pounded heavily on the glass, it's drops tainting the clarity of the windows.

They'd always been quite shiny and translucent, as far as I knew. Even on one of the top most floors of the building, them always seemed to keep them as flawless as Megan Fox after several thousands of dollars invested in cosmetic procedures.

I was unable to see passed a few feet, before the frothy sheets of rain cut off my vision clean.

I sighed wearily, turning back to Mr. Holladay, lecturing about a wild species of gorilla that no one seemed to care for.

I'm excited to see Liam and Mason after school. Chances are they've already collected enough rain water in some buckets to dump on 'Natty' when he gets home. And me, being the unfortunate slave, would have to clean that up.

Why can't I boss him around? I have the right! I'm the guardian until 8:00 PM!

I'll show Nate, no matter how small I feel whenever I'm around him.

My stomach muscles clenched together, forming the biggest rock known to man, and I was one step away from doubling over in pain.

Every. Single. Time. I. Think. Of. Him.

THIS HAPPENS!

Ever since that darned visit to Chuck E. Cheese's, my minds been scattered and raped, and have I enjoyed it? Not one bit.

What happened? What happened at Chuck E. Cheese's? Everything changed between us, almost. That one moment where I could've sworn I was staring right into his soul.

Truly the old Nate wouldn't have slept with me like that.

Maybe I'll get to talk to him later tod--

"Angela Marie Fischer; please report to Principal Morgan's office immediately."

My fellow classmates betrayed me, their oo's ringing out like a sour, raw note.

I cringed at their accusations, groaning whilst packing my belongings.

Mr. Holladay shot me the most evil glare I'd ever seen, so I scurried out of there as if in a wild goose chase, me being the unfortunate feathered bird of which everyone seems to be after.

What could Principal Morgan want this time?! I cooperated with wearing Jason's porn shirt, of which I have yet to give back, so what's the big deal?

I strutted into the administration cubicle, my chin held high and my nose in the air.

"I'm here for the principal." I said coolly, winking at a dumbfounded secretary. Her mouth gaped open, and she snapped it shut, before scowling shortly at me through rubbery lashes.

"Cut the crap." She snarled. "He's in his office."

Ouch. Shes' a business lady, I see.

"Sit down, Fischer." Was the friendly, yellow greeting I received as I sauntered into the principal's lounge.

"Is there something wrong?" I leaned back in the chair, my eyes wide.

"You damn well know something's wrong." He hissed through his tightened teeth. His eyeglasses reflected the fluorescent lights above into my eyes, making me squint.

"Wh--"

"Do you not remember receiving a detention last week?"

Shit.

I forgot they kept record of those! Dammit. Mr. Holladay and all his stupidness. God! He annoys me to no end.

"You see, Principal Morgan," I wiped a feigned drop from my eye, my bottom lip quivering. "My mommy's been having a rough time. Since my daddy left me 14 years ago this week. It's been hard on h--"