Chapter 16

This was it...

There's no turning back...

No chance to escape or to disagree...

...

...

...

Our engagement was happening...

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine.", the Oyabun said.

"T-Thank you...", all I said.

And Gakupo just gave me a quick glance.

Then, the door of the mainhall was opened with the help of the big built-men in black tuxedos

...

I gulped.

What will happen to me now?...

...

When the door was opened, we immediately walked inside and through the center, you could see different people sitting down on the floor. They're different from their clothes but all of them were waiting silently and patiently.

The Oyabun together with Gakupo went in front while Lily and I remained in the middle.

There's nothing but silence and serious people in the hall. It's like this was not a party of celebration but a meeting for criticizing.

I gulped once again while lowering my head a bit.

Then, all of the people simultaneously gave him a bow with full of respect.

"Enough.", the Oyabun said and people sat properly again and so we were.

But we remained standing in the middle waiting for the Oyabun's introduction.

"Was this really an engagement party?...", all I thought.

...

"This is a very special day for we will present to you, the official bride of Kamui Family! Please give your blessings for this young man! Shion Kaito!", The Oyabun calmly said.

"Sit down and bow your head to everyone.", Lily softly said to me.

!!!!!!!!!

I was startled and with my nervousness, I just sat down forgetting to have grace and immediately bowed my head to the Oyabun first.

"Just calm down.", Lily softly said.

"Sh*t...", all I thought reflecting with my clumsiness.

I could really feel how dismayed the people were...

I know...

I'm good-for-nothing...

But I just continued with what I was doing, bowing my head to everyone but this time, with careful.

All I could notice was some of the people bowed their heads in return but most of them... DID NOT.

IT'S LIKE THEY'RE TRYING TO SHOW OFF.

GGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

WHY AM I HERE????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And after bowing to everyone, I just lowered my head and sat properly.

Great...

I'm doomed...

"What's wrong?", the Oyabun coldly asked.

!!!!!!!

"Why are you acting like that towards the official bride?", he continued.