Chapter Fifty-Five

May 2027

Harry awoke in May warmth to hear the sounds of non-stop death from the bathroom. Pressing his feet to the ground, he pulled himself out of bed and opened the door to the bathroom. Lucy's face hovered above the toilet as she sucked in more air. The first pregnancy was supposed to be symptom filled but the third pregnancy was what got her. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail but you couldn't tell with how disheveled it looked.

Harry immediately entered the bathroom and fell to his knees beside his wife. He gathered up her hair while grabbing toilet paper to wipe her face. In these mornings, usually he asked why she didn't wake him up. He knew the answer already. She had been at this for a while, with her vomit now clear. Letting her hair fall for a second, he grabbed a glass and got water into it. Lucy immediately took it, clearing out her mouth. She swallowed the last bit, only for it to come back up again. She collapsed back a bit while Harry kept a firm hand on her.

"The two new nannies start today," Harry said it like it would help. Three nannies were hopefully enough for five kids. "They'll come in while we're out."

Lucy lurched forward again, opening her mouth, but at least nothing came out. That also meant that there was nothing else to come out.

While one of Harry's hands was on her back, the other was on her pregnant belly, where the babies kicked wildly. Though she was in her fifth month, an argument could've been made that she looked full term. The media went crazy any time they saw her, while they waited for the "baby" to drop. Little did the media know, the couple yet had time, or so Harry hoped. Lucy hadn't done public events for at least a month now, but that didn't stop the media from getting pictures of her.

"There's something to look forward to," Harry said with a smile. "I mean we'll know genders, at least one."

"If they're all boys, I'm going to be pissed."

"Yeah, but you'll be happy after that." He hoped at least. "Maybe they'll be at least one girl."

Lucy rocked back and pressed her back to the wall. She wiped her mouth with the toilet paper. "I think I'm done."

"Are you sure?"

She shrugged and tried to stand. Harry helped her stand, like always. Once up, she pressed her hand to her back and waddled into the bedroom. She had another four months to go, but everything was stretched so tightly already. There wasn't anything she could do without discomfort.

Lucy hated having Harry constantly being there. She was a strong, independent woman! But she was constantly tired and hungry, and though no one would admit it, she was constantly cranky. She took naps along with the boys and sometimes she didn't even make it downstairs. Climbing upstairs was a problem for her. But it was other things, like changing her clothes, not that many fit. She didn't do well with shoes and pants. Everything seemed to burn her skin.

Harry helped her now, since the appointment was this morning. The original nanny basically cared for Lucy as if she was one of the children too. It was just another thing for Lucy to be cranky about. Harry helped her change and put on her shoes, and just move around. Long gone were days of events with makeup and hair, but now stood the waddling of Lucy.

One step at a time, she went downstairs. The boys were up and ran around like crazy. Harry grabbed Freddie off the ground and have him a big bear hug, while Henry waited patiently at his mother's feet. She patted his head.

Once off, with the boys left to the nannies, as they learned to work together, Lucy and Harry headed to the doctor's appointment. For all the doctor appointments Lucy had as a royal, there wasn't anyone ever in the waiting room. She never met another person beside the doctor and attendants. This time wasn't any different.

The doctor was there immediately and Lucy laid back on the hard and cold cot. She pulled up her shirt, revealing the bulging belly. As this happened, the doctor asked questions, which Lucy and Harry answered.  The doctor put cold gel on her stomach and pressed the medical wand to her stomach. Quickly, heartbeats filled the room, like a crazy fluttering of wings. All seemed strong to Harry and Lucy; the doctor watched the screen.

"Do they move much?" asked the doctor.

"Constantly," Lucy answered. "There is always at least one moving."

"Back pain?"

"Yes."

"Stress levels?"

"No more events, but there are two boys running around."

Harry interjected, "Not a lot of stress, really, but the boys are a handful. We have nannies now, so that'll be helpful now."

"Of course."  The doctor watched the screen. "Your highness, more rest would be helpful. Your heartbeat is fast and relaxation and rest will be very helpful."

Both of them agreed.

"Well, it looks like we'll be able to see all the babies genders today. They've decided to be kind to us. Would you like to know?"

Both of them answered that they would.

The wand moved on Lucy's stomach and stopped for the first time. The screen was turned to them. The doctor pointed. "Girl."

Harry smiled broadly. There was at least one girl, which was why this happened. They wanted a girl. There she was: beautiful and small. She was just an imagine now, but Harry couldn't wait to hold her.

Lucy smiled. There wouldn't be five boys running around.

The wand moved again, only slightly. It landed on the next baby. "Girl."

Harry shook with happiness-- two girls. The boys were now equal. Lucy was going to have an easier time, at least Harry hoped. Two girls when they wanted one. He hoped the last one was a girl.

The wand moved again. This time it swung across her belly. The doctor turned the screen back to him to get the best look. When he found a good view, he turned the screen back. "The last one... girl."

There they were: all girls. Harry let out little giggles of joy. His eyes swept over to Lucy. There were tears in her eyes. He kissed her forehead. Harry knew she cried because of happiness. Her only thought was that they were real and in front of her. They were coming soon. They would be home soon.