Chapter 22

April's POV

I was currently in the bathroom watching YouTube tutorials on how to do different hairstyles on your hair. In the end I gave up - they made it look too easy with their ridiculously silky hair and mine never seemed to cooperate. 

"April! Hurry up!" Aiden yelled from the other side of the door. 

"Finally. Come on." He stood up, stretching out his muscles and advanced to the door. I followed, grabbing my purse, car keys and phone on the way out. I quickly stuffed it in my pocket and dragged my feet over to Aiden waiting by the lift. 

We spent the rest of the elevator journey in silence, whilst I stared at a piece of gum as though it was the most interesting thing in the world. I shivered and hugged my arms around me, spotting my car parked near the curb. I started to advance towards it when an arm wrapped around me and pulled me the other way.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I yelled, looking upwards at Aiden.

He smiled at me sweetly, flashing his teeth. "We're going in my car." 

My mouth dropped. His car was beautiful. It was a Ferrari. Sleek and matte black - just like his soul. I couldn't help the stupid grin that formed on my face as I stared at it in awe. 

"A Ferrari 458?" I asked looking up at his cocky expression, but it had changed to one of surprise.

"You know cars?" 

"Hmm-hmm."

As soon as I ducked into the car, my hand instinctively brushed over the controls as though they were glass, examining the cleanliness of the dashboard, the subtle curvature of the seats. I looked upwards and saw Aiden staring at me under dark lashes.

"Well, at least the loser has good taste." I'm guessing that was as good a compliment I would get. 

"My sister loves cars. She tells me all about them - well, used to." I drifted into silence.

He made a small, guilty noise of approval and thankfully didn't say anything else. The journey only took 10 minutes and before I knew it we were parked up outside the café. We stepped inside, the sounds of chatter filling my ears - this was no new territory for me. I worked here, so this atmosphere was natural for me, but I'd never been one of the 'kids' that hang out here.

Aiden had already reached several people that I didn't recognize and was engaged in conversation with them. It looked heated. Diego and several other boys I didn't recognize were in the corner talking privately. I diverted my eyes and scanned crowd for Nina or Kayla. I finally found them at a booth in the centre of the café. 

"Ap, I'm so glad you're here!" Kayla grinned, pushing a guy with a buzz cut of the way so I could sit. I shrugged apologetically at him and sat down, budging up slightly so he could also sit, but he simply returned by coughing something that sounded suspiciously like bitch. I dropped my eyes and sighed in annoyance. Yeah, well I don't like you people either.

"Nina," I mumbled. "I'm sorry about today. I'm just having a bad day. We cool?" 

Her eyes softened. "It's okay. You know I can't stay angry at you for long... I love you too much for that." She smiled and gave me a tight hug. 

After 25 minutes of sitting around aimlessly, staring at the clock every 2 minutes, wishing I was Hiro Nakamura and could manipulate space and time, I examined the room closely. I must have looked very boring just sitting there, isolated in a corner, so I made my excuses and got up, grabbing my purse and phone. But just as I was about to leave, I turned and bumped into the same blonde, buzz-cut guy Kayla had shoved out of the booth for me, which I still felt horrible for. He sneered.