Prologue - Highschool Flashback

Ella (Ellie's) POV

It hurts. So so much to see the way he looks at her with affection and love, she takes it for granted.

I can see how she uses him, stringing him along, flirting with other guys. While I sit here, far away but I know the truth. I'm not good enough...not pretty enough...not perfect enough for him to ever grow to love me. I've loved him ever since he first spoke to me trying to get my sister's number, though trying again again so hard not to, forcing myself to stop looking at the way his eyes crinkle when he smiles, how he leans back when he laughs, his funny little jokes, how he dances, its draining my energy.

It's these small quirks that have me falling love with him all over again. I've learned to distance myself from everyone, I doubt they even notice ,but its better this way, my emotions wont be a burden or nuisance for anyone.

I try time and time again to forget and just stop, but I can't and all I can do now is plaster a smile on my face, hoping that he is happy and watch my own demise as I collapse under the pain of seeing them together. My heart is breaking, limbs cant stop shaking, chest clenching and resolve melting as I self-destruct. All I know is it hurts. So, so much.
-------------------------------------
Hey, Leave comments and feedback, that's Ellie describing her younger sister's relationship with her first love, this is the only scene which takes place in Highschool it's just a flashback, the rest of this story takes place while she's 26 and she hasn't met Cole yet this is just to give you a feel of what life was like for Ellie in the past and uptill now. Only this chapter will be short because it's just a starting point for the story.

-Ninaxx