Chapter 3 - A Quiet Charity Gala...Interrupted

Ellie's POV

I woke up to my blaring alarm, I reached over to turn it off and as usual ended up knocking over my phone itself. I got up in a sleep filled daze and made breakfast for James and I.

I sat in front of the tv in the main room and sighed in contentment, today was Saturday and not just any Saturday it's the monthly charity gala Saturday. Which meant a couple of things

-No mom nagging me about marriage and relationships
-No Peyton (because its 'too boring')
-Fine wine and dinner
-I get to see Susie (my friend)
-Best of All dressing up with no one to judge or look at me

Finally a laid-back evening I thought,

Key word 'thought'.

Cole's POV

"You have to go to the charity gala Cole, it's mandatory for you, you're the guest of honor for god's sake!" I groaned and rubbed my eyes repeatedly as Andrew continued to yell through the phone about how I needed to attend some stupid gala, "Besides you know Ella is going too right?" Now that caught my attention.

"I'll be there" I said and quickly hung up.

I got ready and left about an hour later than Ellie, as I could hear locking her door. I arrived at the gala and took note of all the other businessmen that came, I knew they had only come to try and put up deals with my company since they had heard Cole Williams was the guest of honor tonight.

I politely greeted those who had come up to me and was currently at the bar talking to Calder a friend of mine, when all the words he spoke became incoherent and all my attention was on one person in the room who was staring back at me in awe, wearing a long violet and silver dress, bringing out her cream colored skin, accentuating her small figure and had her hair curled into beautiful spirals.

Ellie.

Ellie's POV

I was backstage with Susie when I saw Peyton walk in, I loved my sister but does she really have to come here and take away the one thing that made my life a little brighter?

Peyton squealed and gave me a hug, I was being suffocated by a lethal dose of perfume, I almost sneezed but refrained myself in the best way that I could. "I'm going to be in the charity auction I can't wait to see all the hotties here tonight fight over me" she giggled.

Let me explain, they're doing a charity auction to raise money, and the items being sold are one night dates with the beautiful ladies and handsome men of this small town, and instead of it being a quiet night, the place was so packed they had to set up extra chairs and tables; some special guest of honor came in tonight so it's now a business associate fiesta!

Susie shot me an apologetic look as she widened her eyes, jutted out her lip and started begging me "Oh god El I'm so sorry but one of the ladies stepped out with the flu and I need you to do this, I'll be forever in your debt just please step in, we'll just change your hair and put a dress on you, nothing else just please do this"

I sighed aloud and agreed, Susie squealed and sent me off to wardrobe. When they finished and I looked in the mirror I felt beautiful, my hair was curled and the dress clung I to my frame perfectly.

I walked out to go call in the next girl but I felt eyes on me and when I turned I was met with the smoldering gaze of Cole Willams, I looked at him in awe. I don't think I'll ever get over how good he looked in an Armani suit, the outline of his masculine body, his towering frame and the enchanting eyes which put you under a spell.

I quickly averted my eyes and called in the next girl, I walked towards the buffet and was about to grab a plate when I felt breath near the back of my neck and turned to see Cole. "You look beautiful" he whispered.

I blushed profusely "Th-Thank you"

He took a step close and I grabbed the table for support but instead received a hand full of salad dressing. He pulled back and laughed.

"Need a little help?" He smirked. "Don't worry, I'll have this hidden and you can go clean that so it doesn't drip on your beautiful dress" I thanked him and rushed off.

As soon as I left the bathroom Susie pulled me backstage "It's starting!" The first to go up was my sister, I could hear men hollering out numbers, really high bids. She got a date with a man who bid $125 000. Peyton was the highest bid so far, I was the second last to go up.

When I walked onto the stage I could faintly hear Susie speaking in the background, people started to call out numbers it was up to $50 000 when suddenly someone yelled out "500, 000" I could hear gasps from the audience, even though I couldn't see the audience due to the glare of the stage lights I knew it was Cole.

Cole's POV

I was sitting in a chair at the main table but my eyes were wandering everywhere looking for Ellie, I needed to see her again. The show had started and the first girl was the trashy blonde from the bar the other night men were fighting over her like crazy. I barely paid attention till I heard "Ella Hanson is our next woman and bids will start at 500, the bids went higher. Hearing men hollering out prices on my woman had my blood boiling and my insides set ablaze, "500, 000" I yelled out, I could here gasps and murmurs but I didn't care, that kind of money was nothing to me.

I smirked as the woman at the front thanked me for my generous offer and said "Sold to the guest of honor Cole Willams!!"

It was after dinner and people had begun to dance on the floor, the trashy blonde from the bar two nights ago came over.

"Hey handsome, want to dance?" I politely accepted not wanting to seem prudish.

Ellie's POV

Oh no, oh no, oh no, why the hell has the devil himself decided he wanted to take me on a date?!

Susie went crazy after I told her everything about my encounters with Cole. I was by the dance floor when I saw Cole with Peyton he seemed disinterested in whatever she was talking about he came up to me later and said "A dance m'lady?"

I laughed a bit and curtseyed "Of course Reginald" in a posh accent.
Why is it that every time I'm around him my insides turn to jelly and my guard is broken down?

Cole pulled me flush against his body and I couldn't help but wonder, he kept my sister at an arms length but held my body at such a close proximity, then as if having a mind of its own my hands wound around his neck and I could feel his hair ticking the tips of my fingers.

Cole leaned close brushing against my ear and whispered "I can't wait to take you on a date" suddenly I felt hyperaware of his hands on my hips, the heat of his body enveloping mine, his woodsy pine forest scent.

For the first time I felt like things could be different and not so lonely.

Third Person POV

Ellie leaned her head on Cole's broad chest and whispered "I can't wait either" thinking he couldn't hear her, but he could and as he did he smiled genuinely down at the top of her head.

That night when she went home she felt a foreign feeling brimming inside of her, she had yet to figure out it was the simmering ingredients of love beginning to brew.

Cole was smiling to himself Phase One of Mission Ellie, getting a date Check, Phase Two Seduction has yet to begin.
--

Hey readers, I honestly appreciate the feedback and comment I would love to hear more so please continue to vote, comment and follow. Also some sexy possessive Cole next chapter.

-NinaXX