Chapter Ten

"I do understand. I love you, Ana. I love you."

"No you don't. You might think you do, but you don't know what love is. Goodbye, Derek. Have fun finding someone to replace me." She unlocked the door and walked outside. She heard him yelling her name but ignored it and walked down the hallway, feeling strong suddenly, despite her thigh and ribs. She started down the stairs, hoping he wouldn't follow. He got violent when he got mad, and that morning was the first time he'd taken it out on her. She wouldn't be surprised if he did it again.

"Ana! Get back here!" He raced down the stairs and grabbed her shoulders, tearing her around and holding her tightly.

"I thought you said that if I left that room, I wouldn't be allowed to come back." She said, challenging him. He squeezed her shoulders harder. He had an iron grip and she could feel his nails digging into her skin.

"Ana..." His voice was almost threatening.

"Derek." She shook him off and continued down the stairs. He ran in front of her and she stopped, looking at him. "Yes?"

"Just come back! I'll take care of you."

"So can Jake. He won't slap me." She went around him. She was almost to the bottom of the stairs when she felt someone push her from behind. She fell down the last couple of steps, panting in excruciating pain at the bottom. "Derek?" She said weakly. Her voice cracked. "I could come back on my own, you know." Her voice was hoarse. "I know where this place is. You know my skills. I could finish off everyone here except for you if I wanted to." It was a meaningless threat, and they both knew it.

"But you won't." He stared down at her. "Babe, I really, really, just wanted you to be mine."

"You can't force someone to love you if they don't," Ana glared right back at him.

"Maybe. I could still force you to stay here, though." He reached down and pulled her up by her waist. She inhaled sharply as she felt herself be lifted up the stairs. She wished she could fight him, but she had used her energy already more than she should have. She was weak and she hated it.

"Why are you doing this? Why do you need me? I won't ever love you. Find someone who will! Find someone who can make you happy!"

"You can make me happy."

"No. I can't. Not really." He entered the room with the girl and set her on the couch. He sat on the couch next to her, moving her so that she straddled his lap. She started to protest, but realized quickly that it was hopeless when he wrapped his arm roughly around her waist and prevented her escape.

"I don't feel complete without you. When I found out you were hurt, I almost died," he sneered. She doubted that. He jerked her head back by her hair. She held her breath. "If you're not going to listen to me, then I'm going to do things my own way."

"Let me go!" His arms kept her down. "Derek!" She yelled. She expected people to notice her voice and come running. No one did, but he clamped a hand over her mouth anyways. She bit his finger and he cursed.

"Damn you," he hissed. He slapped her and her head flew to the side. He threw her back on the couch, ignoring her gasp, and ripped off her shirt. She couldn't believe herself, but she was whimpering. When had she become so weak? "You little slut." He thrust his fingers under her bra and she tried to pry him off, but he hurriedly slammed his fist her throat. Her head snapped backwards and Ana passed out.

Derek unclasped her bra and fingered with her ample breasts. He took one in his mouth and bit down hard. Her face clenched but she didn't wake up. Then he moved down to her shorts. When she was completely naked, he shoved a few fingers inside her, watching her reaction. The redhead flinched. Her eyes were still closed. The brunette crawled up her body and placed his lips over hers, kissing her heavily and dry humping her crotch.