(Prologue) A Time Before Time

We were born from darkness in a vast, never-ending abyss. There was no explosion. No gradual growth. We weren't, and then we were.

We were Stars, born in the sky, living in the sky, remaining in the sky, always.

The world below us blossomed. Waves of aquamarine seas crashed upon each other, washing up on the beached shores. Trees sprouted from the ground, shading the grass with their branches, giving shelter to the many animals that roamed the land. We watched as snow coated the mountain peaks and rivers cut through the earth, winding down to find a home in the sea.

Seasons came and went, and we remained-watching, longing for more.

Scattered across an endless black sky, we were lonely. Our wonder of the world was gone, our light almost vanishing with it. We turned selfish and used our celestial power to create a new kind of life.

Our humans gazed up at us with sparkling eyes, we knew love. It was so strong, so pure, that our hearts warmed, making our light brilliant.

We watched them find love with each other, smiling, laughing, and crying together. They created new lives themselves, and they thanked us for it. They prayed, reaching out to us with their gentle hearts, and we listened.

The stronger their love for us grew, the brighter our light shone. But they loved us too much. A day came when we grew so bright, we were fire in the sky, so blinding that we cast shadows upon the world.

Darkness came, sweeping across the land like a plague. Creatures formed from the shadows-terrible, horned demons that ripped through the flesh of our humans and tore apart everything we created.

We could do nothing as we watched them swallow the world and the people we loved. Yet, somehow they didn't lose hope. They still looked to us in the sky, praying for answers that we couldn't give them, asking for life to be brought back to those they had lost.

It was too difficult to watch. We were cosmic beings, yet our hearts bled, and we cried. Our tears were comets, blazing through the sky, crashing down in the most beautiful part of the land. Trees fell to the ground, lakes dried up, and every form of life in the area perished, creating a wasteland.

But from the ashes rose our Children. They mirrored the humans, but they were much more. With their powers, they vanquished the shadows we had created, burying them under the world where no light could reach them.

The Children were worshiped as gods, as heroes. Many of them returned home to us, but there were those that stayed behind, finding a home among the humans. As they aged and eventually passed on, their legacy faded.

The world of Evaros forgot.

They must remember before it is too late.

The shadows are rising, trying to slither through the cracks. If they break through, everything will be lost. We have no more tears to shed, no more Children to send down and save the world.

They are on their own.