Chapter 3 Lycan King

"Mate."

My whole body mentally shivers at his deep baritone voice, but on the outside I stiffen. This god like creature is my mate. He has brown, navy cut, hair. He stands proudly. His eyes look deeply into my soul, and he screams power.

My wolf keeps howling with joy at the back of my mind.

We both stare at each other for what felt like forever, but was only a few mere seconds. For those few seconds I didn't care about the huge weight of my secrets that lay on my shoulders. I felt free from the burden and this life. I was like I was being set free from prison.

The door behind my mate slams open to a very worried Alpha Moore. This makes me look away from the god like creature in front of me to the very frantic and panicking Alpha. While, my mate continues to look at me making me a little uneasy at his wandering stare.

"King! I'm so sorry about her she's he-"

"What's your name?" He asks cutting Moore off.

I look back at him. "Tia Martin." It feels so wrong lying to him, but I have no choice.

"Tia." He nods testing it on his tongue, but it doesn't sound right coming off his tongue. It feels wrong. Which I am silently glad about.

"Alpha Moore, get a room ready next to Miss Martin." My mate says turning to Alpha Moore.

"Yes, King." Alpha Moore says nodding.

I smile slightly, only to quickly frown. King?

Oh.... shit.

My mate is the Lycan King!

I should have seen it, after all his scent gives it away. He also has a very powerful wolf. Let's not forget the fact he screams power and dominance.

I mentally face palm myself. He could probably feel my wolf! I start to panic at the realisation of this. My secret could go out to everyone. My once safe life is gone.

"I will see you later, my mate", the King says softly, looking at me.

I blink, coming back to my senses. I slowly look up at him and nod. With that he looks at me one last time, before walking off, with Alpha Moore behind him. Who is shocked at the realisation.

When the two left, I was left in a room full of shocked werewolves.

Quickly snapping out of my daze I run up the stairs. Getting to my room, I slam the door shut. I lean against it, eyes wide.

"I found my mate." I whispered quietly, sliding down the door.

I stayed like that for about thirty minutes until my body was jolted forward by a banging on the door.

I quickly get up, and into a fighting stance in front of the door.

"Tia! Open up! It's me Ness!" Says an urgent voice. Calming down I open the door. Ness quickly jumps in and hugs me tightly.

"OMG! I am so happy for you!" she exclaims pulling away to give me a bright smile.

I smile slightly at her, making her frown. "Aren't you happy? You finally found your mate." She says putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Yes, but now I'm putting his life in danger and he doesn't even know." I sigh. "Not to mention he's the Lycan King!" I add.

"Yeah, the pack mind link is going crazy about that part.." Ness mumbles.

"But what does he look like?" She says quickly.

"Uh-" I start but quickly get interrupted.

"I've heard from the pack link that he looks like a god." She says more to herself than me.

A spark of anger enlightens in me at the thought of other girls drooling at the sight of my mate.

I am brought out of my state when the door to my room opened to a tall man. He has black hair and light blue eyes that stand out the most. A sharp jawline that would make any girl sigh. In total he was a good looking guy, but in my eyes he was just ordinary, and he is no where near as good looking as my mate.

"Vince!" Ness exclaims. She quickly gets up and rushes over to him. It happens so fast I almost thought I imagined it. I blink before looking at the now hugging couple.

It didn't take a genius to know that was her mate.

"Where have you been!" The guy says pulling Ness away to look at her now guilty face.

I walk over to the couch and get comfortable. Knowing mates, this may take awhile.

"I'm sorry! I was going to mind link you, but then I kinda got a visitor." Ness says looking away from her mate to me.

Or they could get to the point really quickly.

He looks over at me and straightens up.

He gives me a small nod and a smile, before looking back at his mate.

"This is one of my good friends, Tia Martin, and she's the one that saved me and Dad from that rogue attack a while back." Ness says smiling at her mate.

Her mates eyes widen and turn back to me.

"You?" He asks shocked. "No offence in anyway, but you're a human." He says pointedly.

I scoff and shake my head, course that would be the question he went for,
"well if you have a rifle on you it comes in handy." I say leaning back into the couch.

"I don't believe I know your name." I say cutting off his opening mouth.

"Oh, um, Jeremy Vince." He replies.

I nod and close my eyes for a minute, as a way to breathe peacefully.

"Wait.... Tia Martin right?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say slightly annoyed, opening my eyes.