Chapter 5 Breakfast Special

Taking one last look in the mirror, I make my way out of the room. I walk down the empty hallway, hearing the distant chatter of people and the laughter of children.

I put my hand on the railing as I walk down the long stairs. I start to feel every eye on me as I walk down them. The talking and laughter completely die out once I've reached the bottom.

I look up at the crowd, that know stare at me. I looked around for the two familiar faces, only to come face to face with two gorgeous brown eyes.

We stare for awhile, before I quickly snap out of my daze, when I see Ness in the corner of my eye. I make my way over to where she is. She smiled sweetly at me, I returned the smile and sat down.

The noises slowly rise back up again. With some people giving me warm smiles or others, mostly females, giving me a death glare like I had stolen their mate. I ignored them and smiled back at the friendlier people.

"Morning dear" Henry says from in front of me. "Morning" I reply with a warm smile. He smiled back.

Ness's mate sat on the other side of her and on either side of Henry is an older person, looking to be near his age.

On the other side of me is a man, that looks to be in his early thirties and is wearing a training uniform.

I look at the delicious food in front of me and almost drool. I grab a few waffles and pancakes, with some eggs and hash browns.

I drizzle some maple syrup on my pancakes and waffles then shove a chunk of it into my mouth. I instantly moan as I begin to chew.

"This is so good" I say to no one in particular, as I eat some more.

"I say, you look like you haven't eaten in ages" says a warm voice. I look up at her after I finish my mouthful.

It's the old lady on the left of Henry. She has a kind expression and a big smile.

"I haven't actually" I reply.

"Oh goodness heavens how long?" she asks shocked. "Um not since breakfast yesterday, but that was only a coffee, so, um, awhile" I say.

She looks at me with a sad expression. "Tia, why didn't you say so? I would have gotten you something to eat!" Ness declares, half disappointed in me.

"Sorry" I mumble.

I stop eating when I feel a pair of eyes on mine. I slowly look down to the front of the table where the Lycan King sat looking at me. Alpha Moore is seated at the very head of the table with his Mate on the other side of him and King on the other.

Moore looks to be having a conversation with his mate. I smile slightly at him.

"So where are you from sweetie?" The lady asks, snapping me out of my glaze.

"Uh, in a small town in Texas" I lie as I look back at the King. Who is still looking at me.

"He didn't start eating until you got here" Ness whispers.

I look away from the King to her with wide eyes.

"Really?" I asked shocked.

"Of course, that's what a mate is like Tia, he was worried" she replies.

"Oh" I mutter. I start my food again, only for Ness to spike up another conversation, "you deserve it, you know."

"Deserve what?" I ask, looking at her with a confused face. She smiles at me and shakes her head. "A mate" she said.

"Oh, I'll have to disagree on that one" I say quickly, causing my wolf whimper softly.

She drops the subject which I couldn't be more grateful for, once I'm finished eating I notice some of the ladies clearing the table.

One of them where about to take my plate, but I quickly grabbed it.

"Let me" I said sweetly. She's shocked by my actions but smiled back. "Thank you dear", I nod in return and grab some more dishes.

When there is none left I take them into the kitchen. "Thank you" a lady says that's cleaning them. "Oh, my" she said. Catching my attention I look to wear she is looking.

The king is seated down in a chair looking in our direction, I blush at this and stiffen.

"He has been watching you, since you rejected Janice's offer for your plate and started helping", she whispers next to me.

I looked at her, "is that so?" I ask. She nods with a small but knowing smirk.

"Stalker, much" I mumble. I turn around to the ladies, as they wash up the dishes.

"Want any more help?" I ask. "We're all good, but thank you so much for your help" the lady from before says smiling.

"Ok, but feel free to ask" I said walking out.

Looking back at where the king was previously sitting, it was now empty, I sigh and walk towards my room.

I put my hand on the railing and made my way up the stairs.

I stopped, once I reached the top.

There, leaning against my rooms door was the King. He looked deep in though but once he noticed my presence, he looked up at me. His expression was neutral and emotionless. But he was studying mine. Which I kept as neutral as I could.

I straightened up taller, in a more confident way and walked over to him. His eyes following me, as I walk, going darker, slightly, the closet I got.

"Can I help you?" I asked. Not in a bitchy way either, more a surprised and confused way.

"What did you mean you don't deserve a mate?" he asked seriously.

So he was listening.

"I just don't think I do", I shrug, crossing my arms. He looked as if he was going to ask something else but choose not to. "We leave tomorrow", he says straightening up.

My eyes widen a fraction before I nod, I knew when it came to Alphas there was no use arguing.

"I will spend the rest of my time with you after", he announces before walking down the hall.

"Yes King" I mutter slightly to his retreating figure. He stops and turns his head.

"Dxton"

"Huh?" I blinked.

"Dxton Bosque, my name" he replies.

"Dxton" I whisper.

I smile at the sound of his name, nodding. With that he walks off.

Smiling I walk into my room.

"Dxton Bosque"

A/N Pronounced as Dexton