7. Acting On Temptation

Dedicated to @captivatingeyes because I miss you bae <3

"I can't believe you're going on a date with Jax 'Deadbeat' Deneris!" Braydon squeals as she pushes me through the department store. "Oh, what would you wear? Definitely something that shows a little bit of skin. No, scratch that—a lot of skin so he'd be drooling over you so bad—"

"Okay Bray, you need to chill," I say but she's already tugging me towards the clothes section. Oh sweet Jesus. So much sparkle and color. It's like a unicorn barfed in here. "First off, it's not a date—"

"Yes, it is!" She says, turning to Trevor, who's trailing behind us. He has his hands shoved into his pockets and he looks very uninterested in everything here. Something tells me that he somehow got dragged into this by his girlfriend. "T, when a guy asks you out, it's a date right?"

"Yeah, I guess." He shrugs. "But didn't Sienna say that it's only a date if she's interested in him—"

"But she is!" She exclaims, then cuts her gaze towards me. "You are interested in him. For fuck's sake, you train with him. You get to see his chocolate bars whenever you want! What is there not to like?"

I stare at her weirdly. "Chocolate bars?"

"You know, his..." She gestures to her abdomen. "Abs."

I roll my eyes. "Oh, jeez."

"Don't roll your eyes at me, bitch," Braydon glares at me. "You know you like them."

She's right. I do.

She heads over to one of the racks, gasps at something and snatches it off to show me. "How about this?"

It's a sleeveless, hot pink flare dress that probably looks too expensive for me to afford. I'm not on speaking terms with my parents and well, it's their American Express that I have to use to pay for this dress and I don't need another reason for them to come find me and yell at me because I overspent.

I shake my head. "I don't like it."

Braydon narrows her eyes at me, then stares at the dress again. "Really? It's gorgeous!"

"Maybe you should try it on, then," I say, folding my arms across my chest.

"No, we're here for you. Besides, I got way too many dresses already. My closet is stuffed," Braydon says, inspecting the selection of clothing on another rack. She slides the hangers aside and scrunches her nose, looking through the dresses. "You need something sexy. That's what Jax said right?"

"He said I need something pretty."

"Oh boo. Same thing."

"It's totally not!" I say.

Although that night when he asked me out, he did text me again, asking me to wear something sexy. But I wasn't going to tell Braydon that.

"I don't need something sexy." I roll my eyes. "I don't have anything to even show off! Honestly, Bray, can we just go, this is a waste of time—"

"No," Braydon shakes her head. "You need this. And who says you don't have anything to show off? You're a knockout! When T first saw you, he drooled when he saw you. I know. I was there."

Trevor sigh. "Babe, you said you'd never tell her that—"

"Oh come on. Get over it. I just want to boost her confidence a little bit." She quickly grabs another dress off the rack and squeals, passing it to me. "Oh my god, Si, this is so you."