13. Betrayal

Days go by so quickly, it's as if they never exist in the first place.

      Months fly off the calendar and events along with it—Jax's second championship win (which was very much expected, of course. We celebrated with a bottle of champagne and victory sex), my 18th birthday (very happy about that because I got my first set of boxing gloves from Jax), Beth's 17th birthday (which we celebrated on the rooftop of Braydon and Trevor's new apartment) and Jax and my first year anniversary of being together (I still can't believe we made it to one year. It's crazy).

Most memories were good, bittersweet, but some were not. My dad got remarried to a wealthy heiress who wears ridiculously frilly skirts on a daily basis and always pronounces my name as See-yah-nah.

To be honest, I'm glad that didn't last very long because she decided after a few months of marriage, she was going to cheat on him with another man (no surprise there because she actually left her husband for my dad).

Much to the chagrin of me and my mom, we were quite relieved that that marriage didn't work out. Mom's still not entirely over my dad yet despite the fact that they divorced over a year ago, and if anything, I do sympathize with her a lot. She's still having a hard time with it, but it seemed as if dad moved on from her really quickly.

It just makes my resentment for him grow even more.

Apart from that, I'm happy. I'm content with my life. I have two best friends, a sister whom I'm so happy that I've reconciled with, and an amazing boyfriend. He's perfect, absolutely perfect and all the girls who look my way know it too—from those huge eyes you can get lost in to that infamous cocky grin down to that ripped body of his and what's below that... I'm truly a fortunate girl.

It sometimes makes me wonder why he's with me in the first place.

And he's not only easy on the eyes too, he's the best person that I will ever need— he holds me up so I can be strong, pushes me beyond my limits, and makes sure I never have any regrets in life.

Well, apart from the fact that there's this annoying feeling I get sometimes when I'm with him. I know why it happens and I can't stop feeling like this even if I wanted to. I keep thinking about the fact that he's still keeping secrets from me and every time I try to pry them out of him, he pulls away from me. All the time.

I keep telling myself to give him time, to give him some fucking time, but I might be running out of patience soon.

Ugrh. I wish I could just be like any rational girl in my situation and just be happy about my relationship, rather than picking on the flaws. I should just focus on the good things, because in the end, that's all that matters right?

Fuck it. I shouldn't worry about it now. I really shouldn't, Instead, I should be focusing on the more important things in life.

Like the scroll that I can't believe I'm holding in my hand right now.

Hundreds of red graduation hats are being flung into the air at this very moment. Cheers and hollers and whistles and hell yeah, we made its erupt all around me, drowning my ears in noise. There's so much movement around me and I'm the only one that's standing there static in the field of people.

I just can't get over the fact that I'm done with high school. Fucking done. No more petty drama. No more bullshit teachers. No more bitchy classmates.

No more dad.

That's right. My next plan in life is to get myself an apartment and moving out of that damned house. The house of broken marriages and unhappy daughters. I'm not going to stay there any longer. The second I find some place good, I'm going to bolt. And I'm taking Beth with me.