Chapter 75: Incineration

General Tourac spun in place, his sword glittering in the light as it drew the blood of a Bahari monstrosity. The creature's body slid in half, toppling to the ground behind the Artisan as he leaped out of the way of McCormack's bullets. The general moved with a fluidity McCormack did not match, creating a mirage around him. Each image was a different attack, rapidly striking the surrounding enemies while the real warrior lashed out towards McCormack with the tip of his sword.

"That's nothing new Tourac." McCormack grinned as a couple of his bullets pierced through the cores of Bahari. "You do it every time."

"The basics still impress the crowds every time McCormack. You and I both know that. It is what we build our reputations on."

"I don't know about you, "McCormack answered, bending backwards to avoid a sweeping slash from Tourac. "But I choose to woo my followers with specialities. It is the most memorable of moments that will remain in theirs hearts for the rest of their lives." McCormack drove his pistol into the skull of a Bahari, blasting straight through its head until nothing remained, tossing the body aside when he was finished. He deflected an incoming attack from Tourac with his other gun, letting the blade bounce off the reinforced steel.

"I see you have tempered your weapons more against me. That's smart." Tourac drove his blade into a Bahari's gut, slowly sliding it upwards, shearing through its heart. "But they cannot hold out forever. You and I both know they will be worn down the longer this goes on."

"You'd think that but I don't plan on fighting you for that long. I think we should wrap this up in the next two minutes."

"Are you requesting a timer?"

"That I am!" And with that McCormack pressed a button on his console, bringing up a clock with two minutes set to it. This then projected out through his Goliath's head unit, hovering in the air between the two combatants. "There we go. Two minutes on the clock. You should be dead before that runs out or I haven't done my job correctly."

"That's fine because I only need half that time to chop you into pieces." To demonstrate, Tourac did exactly that to the closest Bahari, dicing up one of the beasts as it tore through an Enian battlesuit.

"I would love to see you chop one of my arms off." McCormack held out his mentioned appendage and made a chopping action on it with his hand. He stuck his tongue out in his cockpit, regardless of the fact that Tourac would have no way to see it. Still the Artisan general seemed to fume a little.

"I know what you're doing in there McCormack. At least it's better than playing with your silly dolls again." Tourac threw in the last statement coyly, knowing he was one of a select few who were privy to McCormack's hobby.

"They're action figures Tourac!" McCormack yelled, leaping around in his cockpit. "And they're very valuable replicas that are exactly to scale. Besides it's totally not unusual for people to collect such action figures and use them...for action. That's why they're called action figures, not dolls. Doll s are silly girl things you dress up." McCormack shoved some of the alternate outfits he had lying around under his seat, nervously hiding them. "At least I don't plaster myself in make-up!"

Tourac gasped over the intercom, blushing a little and turning his face from his console as if McCormack could see him. "I will have you know that it is a proud tradition of the theatre to apply makeup to key areas of the face, so as to draw the audience's eyes to expressions and emotions. It is an art form!"

"That would make sense if anybody could see you in there Tourac!"

"How dare you, you...you...doll-stuffer!"

"Pancake-face!"

"Toy-brain!"

"Tranny!"

"I can't believe it!" Tourac stuck his nose up at the last insult while his sword flashed through the air, slicing a Bahari in half and sending its blood spraying into the air between the two foes.