C h a p t e r. T e n*

Angel

"Make it quick cus i got shit to do." I said closing my bedroom door. I didnt need DJ waking up and seeing his father here. The last time that happen Sr. bribed his way to staying the night, agreeing to sleep in the room w. Darren. As much i hated to admit it i had a weak spot for Sr. one that would never go away. Never in this damn life time or the next couple after that would i ever be in love w. him again or fuck him again. But yes i will always love Sr. Not only was he the father of my child but my first love and thats not something you can let go.

Another thing i hated to admit was that he taught me how to take care of myself. The only thing i left my parents house was my 3.7 grade point average and how to bust my ass at work. Darren taught me the rest. From street smarts, all the way to how to be someones bestfriend. Although he took away my patience and willingness to trust anyone ever again that kind of history just doesnt go away when you have a child together. Our love wasnt strong enough to last oh well fuck it, shit happens. But it was strong enough to creat a life and to give mesomething to fight for daily.

" You aint got shit to do so sit ya mean ass down and help me out." He demanded dumping the contents from a blue Nike duffle bag. Locking the door i rolled my eyes and sat on the bed watching him snatch the rubber band off a stack of cash. " Here." He said handing me what looked like half. " This is for you."

" Whats that suppose tobe, im sorry money? Nigga you done lost your mind. This is why i cant be nice to your ass."

" Angel, did i say thats what it was for damn B." He said tossing the money onto thebed.

" You cant even say it can you? Typical Darren Sr. Doesnt know when to fucking admit when you were wrong." I laughed resting my back against the headboard.

" Dont start with me. I aint come here for no lecture. Now shut up and do what i asked you." This nigga had me fucked up if he thought i was gonna sit here and take this after what he pulled back then. Standing up i snatched the duffle bag up slamming all the jewelry, keys and money back in. i was up to the last pile when he stood up and grabbed my wrists pushing me back on the bed. " And this is why i cant be fuckin nice to you. always in ya fuckin emotions. You dont think i know i was wrong for putting my hands on you and infront of DJ like that."

" There was only one time i did some shit like and we were BOTH in the fuckin wrong there. I took the consequences when you dipped on a nigga and shit changed between us. Even when you took me to court i ate that shit up cus i know i was the one who fucked up." He half screamed in my face. " Just because i dont stroke ya ego out here like all these bum niggas you fuckin dont mean i dont agknowledge the shit i did in the past. Now i did not give you that money as im sorry money gave it to you to spend on our son. Now sit there and help me because theres a real reason why im here." He said calming his voice and sitting on the other end of the bed.

Taking a few deep breaths i pretended not to be marenating on what he just said to me and helped him count his merchandize. I knew off the bat what type of keys these were so i didnt even bother to analyse them. they were saftey deposit keys. How he was going to get into them i have no idea. Most of them belonged to someone by the name of Elijah Williams. Shit that must have been a paid white nigga if all of this stolen stuff was his. Reaching into the bag for the last stack, i calculated about Thirty five hundred dollars And that wasnt including the Jewelry and nine saftey deposit keys.

After handing me a stack of hundreds that added to eighteen hundred, Sr. took two stacks wrapped the rest up and placed the bag in the vent behind my bed. " What you know about King. The nigga from over in Mt. Vernon?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck. On the inside that question bought chills to my body but on the outside i remained calm.

" Nothing."

" Angel this aint shit to play with." He said leaning against the door. " Shit is getting hot out here, you were with a nigga name Rob the day King got killed. He stolre from King so King killed him and went to handle shorty that helped him out. Some howKing ended up dead while shorty ended up good and gone with no one knowing a name or what she look like. except for Black." He stated in a reciting tone. Fuck it.

" He thought i was tryna step out on Rob and fucked me in his crib, fucked me and told me he'd kill me if i told. Then turns out he was gonna kill me anyway so i did what i had to do to survive. You taught me that remember?" I was real unrepentant and cold. You know why because i didnt give a fuck. I'd do it again in a heart beat. It was my life or his. Yeah it was my first time taking someones life and it scared the shit out of me but i sleep just like a baby. you know why? because i had a son to fight for and i was thelast piece of pussy he was going to just take like that. Better him than me.

" Damnit Angel you always in some fucking shit yo." He said looking stressed. " Take that money and get the fuck out this brown stone. Get an apartment in Mine or Chelseas name. Im not fuckin playing with you. If you not in another apartment under one of our names by the end of this month im gonna really put my hands on you.and dont have none of these niggas you be fuckin pick u up no more, you meet them. Black dont know ya name or where you from or who you know but he knows ya face. Keep a low profile." He said walking out before i could respond. A part of me wanted to take Srs 'Warning' seriously while the other half didnt take much of anything about it forcing me to shrug it off and head on to bed.

~

" Destiny, does your dad have a date or something?" My mother asked as i rolled the lint over my Black suit jacket for the last time. Deciding that the tie was too much i pulled it off and tossed it onto her couch. " Anthony james Williams have you lost your mind?"

"Im sorry mama." I apologized walking back over and picking it back up.

" Is this how you treat your own home? I bet my poor grandchild has not seen a decent meal or clean clothes in god knows how long." She sighed frantically. All hale drama queen of the Williams family. Chuckling to myself i checked my watch and decided it was time for me to get going. Although they bothed lived in brooklyn Angel lived a little further away from my mothers and there could be traffic.

" Of course not, you raised me better than that." I complimented kissing her cheek.

" Why are you leaving so soon? Who is this new woman thats taking you from me? Is it that other detective from the precent who you were with a few nights a go. Thats another thing, I could hear her giggles in the background Anthony. What you do on your spare time is your business i just hope youre being safe." She complained. Mentally cursing myself out when she reminded me of the night before last. I knew i shouldnt have answered the phone while i was with Casey. Especially after we had just gotten out of bed together. " Now who is the young woman who has gotten you all dressed up. You hate dressing up."

" Her name is ms. Angela nana and shes really pretty. And her hair its so nice. Its big poofy curls, kind of like yours but black." Destiny informed my prying mother. Now that i think of it, they did have similar hair styles and tecture.

" When do i get to meet her?" She asked with a small smile. Here we go.

" Mama she is just a friend."

" Oh really now? so thats why you changed twice and flossed your teeth. Okay son. What ever you say." She smirked tending back to the sweater she was teaching Destiny how to knit. By the end of the night i knew they would transission from that to a game of black jack or twenty one. Kissing them both goodbye i gave myself one last check in the mirror on the wall before heading out. You know if it werent for Destiny i dont think i would have noticed the similarites between Angela and my mother. Besides their hair they both kind of laughed the same and had similar personailties. Its a good thing they didnt resemble each other in no shape or form because that would have made tonight akward. Going out on a date with a replica of m mother?

Pulling up to Angelas apartment i inspected my beared and waved before honking the horn and sending a quick text to inform that i was here. After waiting about a little over ten minutes Angelas cousin Chelsea opened the door holding up a signal for five more minutes. Women. I nodded letting her know that i understood. Shortly after the door was opened back up but this time Angela came out and walked down the stairs. She looked amazing in a blue center thigh length dress with thick shoulder straps, Even in about six inch black ankle heels she walked with confidence and grace. Her hair was divided in the middle and hung low past her breast. Subconsciously i hurried out my side of the car to greet her and opened up her door.

" Hello." She said with a big smile as i brought her into a brief hug. Thats when i discovered that her mid back was exposed due to the cut of her dress.

" Hey your self." I returned gesturing for her to get into the car. " You look good tonight." I complimented closing the door getting into the car on my end.

" Is that your way of saying that i didnt on the other times we've been together?" She asked turning her face up. Before i could tell her it wasnt meant to be offensive a smile crept across her face. " Im kidding. You look very nice as well." She had jokes already. " So where to?"

" Just hang tight, we'll be there shortly." I informed pulling off as she clamped her seat belt on.

" We'll how do you know ill like this place?"

'' I have good instincts, Just relax and let me handle this." I requested. I could tell she was a woman who was use to being in charge. I liked that a lot but there was noting wrong with a little manly assertiveness once in a while. She smiled and pretended to lock her mouth away with an imaginary key and tossed it out the car window. smart ass. " Good girl." I winked giving her leg a playful tap. we made small talk about our day through out the car ride but it eventually became a little silence once we ran into some traffic getting off of the FDR. It wasnt an akward silence but i did think the radio would do some justice at this moment.

" I'm a Capricorn, I came here to get manish

Ooh, I know it's good when you start speakin' spanish

Aries, sexually, you're full of energy
After I'm done, you still tellin' me you want me
Met a Gemini, ooh what a sex drive
She wanted it from the front, back, left and the right
Baby, I will guarentee to give you everything your body's missin'

At first my eyes bulked at the choice of song that softly spilled through the base speakers but i looked over to Angela who didnt seem bothered at all. In fact she was humming along to the music bopping her head along to the beat.

" So whats your sign?" I asked maaking her cover her mouth as she laughed shaking her head at me. " What? What did i say?"

" Was that suppose to be a joke Anthony?" She asked still giggling. It got her to laugh so my work here was done. I turned the radio back up and kept on driving until we reached the resturant. Ginnys supper club. It was this little Jazz spot i liked to eat at. It was really laid back and the food was perfect. I hoped Angela liked it though.

" So since ive been here before and im assuming you havnt i was thinking i could order for you." I offered as we sat down and waited for our drinks to be brought to us. She looked up from her menu and paused for a little before squinting her eyes suspicously.

" I guess you could do that." She agreed handing me her menu. That was easier than ithought. " So how you hear about this place, bring your lady friends here on a regular?"

" Na." I chuckled. " Just a spot i ran into a few years back and was feeling the environment. Why? You dont like it?" She shook her head no in objection and clarrified that it was fine. Although she only used the word fine, she seemed to be admiring the place but i just played along for now. When the waiter returned with the drinks he waited for me to decide on what we were having. I noticed his eyes shifting to Angela from time to time but she didnt seem to pay him any mind. I wont lie that gave my confidence a bit of a boost and i couldnt fight the urge to smirk at him making him tense up. " ill have the raosted chicken with macaroni and greens while this beautiful woman will enjoy a baked potatoes, meat loaf and a side dish of cheese brocoli." I resited handing him the menu. The confirmation was written on her face so i didnt bother to switch the order up.

" Coming right up." He announced faking his best smile and walking off.

" And here i thought you were going to order me a chicken salad or something." She mocked tucking her hair behind her ear.

Flashing a cocky smile at her. I knew for a fact Angela wasnt the carrot nibbler type. Sometthing told me that her hips werent just generic. " I told you, i know what im dolng." I said gupling down a portion of my beer.

" Those cop instincts must come inhandy huh?" little did she know that i didnt need that kind of knowledge to know that. " How long you been doing the cop thing?"

" You, know every time you mention me being a cop you say it like its a bad thing." I said sitting back in my chair getting comfortable. " Youre not afugitive or anything i should know about?" She laughed shrugging her shoulders giving me the most suspencful lookshe had in her. it was cute. " No but ive been doing it for a while, kind of like a second family." She nodded her head. " What about you? Whats your work life like?"

" Ive gone through the whole job thing since i was about fourteen and all throughout college, now i just maintain taking care of my son. Thats about it for me." She said proudly. Before i could get another question in the waiter came back with both of our plates of food then dismissed himself with another smile. i couldnt even be mad at the kid, Angela was a real beauty. Saying a silent prayer i dug into my food a bit then looked over at angel to see her cherishing the meatloaf on her fork. If i wasnt mistaken i might have even heard herlet out a small moan after tasting the brocoli. " What?" She asked covering her mouth. " Do i have something in my teeth?" She asked with a hint of panic in her voice making my hold back a laugh.

" Nothing, im just glad to see youre enjoying your food so much." I taunted causing her to give me her third finger making me slightly throw my head back in laughter. " Okay i wont bother you anymore, just try and keep it down next time." Her cheeks turned red as she continued with her meal. This was cool, hanging out with her. I learned that she went to school for Research analogy and became certified in many studies in the medical field, she was on the basketball team in junior high, and went to a high school for fashion. She grew up near an army base and wants to travel. She admitted to never going any where further than conneticuit and that shocked me. Shes basically never seen out of NY before.

I told her a bit about my few favorite hang out spots out here in harlem, what school i went to, and what was it like in john jay college. She even seemed really interested in what i had learned in the criminal justice department so that led to a few funy cop stories.

" You can not be serious right now?" She laughed sipping on her drink.

" Yes im very serious, its christmas eve its below 40 degrees and im trying to get home to my kid. And he had the nerve to want to act up and hold up a convient store. The one i happened to be in. cant even enjoy a pack of M&Ms anymore without people becoming suicidal. so i booked his ass. Mery christmas." I said making her burst into a giggle then a short snort. she was so busy laughing so hard she didnt even seem to care. Not saying i didnt, that was by far the funniest and sexiest laugh i had heard in years.

" That is so wrong." She protested. Her phone began to go off and she checked the caller ID and frowned a little.

" You okay over there?" i asked as she placed it back into her bag.

" Yeah, just my dad." she said nonchalantly with a smile but i can tell she was slightly annoyed.

" yal must be fueding at the moment. Daddys girl huh you look like the type?" I asked rubbing on my chin. She remained quiet and played with the tips of her hair. She seemed to manage to get nervous in the matter of seconds. I started to push the issue but decided to improvise."come on." I said standing up " Dance with me." I encouraged taking her by the hand waiting for her to stand up. She nervously bit her lip then finally stood up and followed me onto the dance floor. Two stepping to Franky beverely's Before i left go, I decided to add something extra to it making her giggle. Okay so this song wasnt exactly from our age decade, more like my mothers but that didnt mean i couldnt have fun with it.

" Dont act like you dont know about this." I teased clapping to the beat. " I saw you bussin' out those moves at the carnival." I reminisced copying her moves. i was probably making a complete fool of myself but i didnt really care. She seemed to be enjoying her self so that was all good with me.

" Oh, please tell me you know how to do this dance." She shouted as Happy people by R kelly came through the speakers. I accepted her challange as we swayed and danced freely to the song. By the time the routine part came on we were laughing and doing our own thing. She never once lost her footing in those heels. Keeping her eyes on mine. " Youre a really good dancer for someone who look like they packin two left feet there." We continued to jam to a series of songs until they slowed it down for the night. Ironically playing Slow jam.

" Dont quit on me now." I requested extended my hand. She rested her palm onto mine and i slipped my hands onto the small of her back almost forgetting that her back was exposed. She didnt seem to mind as she placed her hands onto my shoulder and came closer. so close that our pelvic areas were rubbing a bit. leading the way, i softly swayed from side to side, relaxing a little bit. Was this a little too much to that this felt normal to dance this way with her? Intimately without being at all intimate. " Relax girl i dont bite" i whispered hoping she would relax. I became alert when i felt goose bumps rise on her nude back. seconds later her body was no longer tensed.

" I would hope not." She replied sarcastically with a smirk causing me to lick my lips slightly. The physical attraction i was feeling complimented the emotional. " What?" She asked snapping me out my lustful thoughts.

" You know you really are a beautiful woman." I complimented re-tucking her hair behind her left ear. " And i enjoyed your company tonight, a lot." I trailed off. She smiled widely turning her head away as we continued to slightly move to the beat of a new song. I became slightly too much into it that i subconciously brushed my lips against her left side of her temple. Smoove ant, real damn smooth. She looked up at me with curious eyes and a hint of a smile. Taking that and her intertwining her fingers around my neck as a good sign i dipped my head lower bringing her into a powerful kiss. I was wellpast being to forward but at that point i didnt really care. This night was ending great.

__________________

Hey you guys, quick update off the top of my head. I finished it up and edited on the train going to school running on two hours of sleep so cut me some slack and ignore what ever errors you see lmao. But dont be a silent reader comment ya thoughts and opinions. Double digits please and thank you, oh yeah and start fanning cus next chapter im hittin yal w that good ol P R I V A T E option. Lol. See yal when i see yal 👋✌️

__Slimm💥