C h a p t e r. F o u r t e e n*

Angel

The beaming sun from the curtain-less window woke me up the next morning along with water running from the bathroom. Pushing my frizzed out curls out of my face, i managed to slowly sit up from my bed. Damn I've never been so sore before. I clung on to the white sheet against my chest while rubbing the sleep from my face with the other. I was still tired as shit with a small migraine and couldn't remember how i got home for the life of me. But i sure as hell remembered everything else.

From arguing with Ant. In the bathroom at a lounge, to him f*cking me doggy style until the constant banging on the door interrupted. In the beginning he demanded that we ignored it and continued to devour me in only one position. But shortly after the person behind the wall threatened to get security and the cops which caused me to giggle because here i was fucking one. That seemed to be the only thing to get his attention because he paused, letting me know he left his badge in the car. How we made it to my house and in my bed did not register at all. No matter how hard i tried to remember. But then again i didn't really care, because once we reached nothing else mattered but continuing where we left off.

Something on the floor caught my eye over in the corner near the closet so i went to pick it up. My eyes widened at the sight of the dress i had on last night. Or at least what use to be my dress. The cleavage of it was ripped down much further than it originally was, the three buttons to it were no longer there, and there was now a slit on both sides of the dress on the bottom. There was absolutely no saving it.

"Finally you're awake." Ants deep voice filled the room as he walked into the room. Finally? My clock on the night stand had only read ten after eleven. How long had he been awake? Turning my eyes back to him, i let them trail along his half naked body. So he still looked as perfect as he did last night, hovering over me while my fingers gliding down his masculine chest and diesel six pack. His broad tattooed shoulders looked as good as they did hours ago with my nails daggered in them out of reflex from his penetrating strokes. "See something you like?" He taunted walking over to me still holding the towel around his waste, low enough to flaunt his v line but high enough to shield his d*ck. "Was that expensive?" He asked referring to the shredded dress in my right hand.

"It was." I agreed making sure he caught he emphasis. That was indeed one of my favorite outing dresses.

"Well does that make me a bad person that i still don't feel all that bad?" He asked picking me up in the air. "I have to admit you looked great in it, but i enjoyed it even better off of you." He said matter factly, gently letting me down back on the bed leaning over me resting on his hands. "How about if you let me make you breakfast, we can go replace it?" He questioned pecking my cheek, ear, neck and shoulder blade.

"Or we can go out for breakfast and i can just get another one in my own time." I suggested closing my eyes as he made the goosebumps on my body rise.

"Or we can go with option A." He insisted looking me in the eyes looking for approval. "We played this game last night girl, we can do this the easy way or the hard way." He playfully threatened grabbing onto my waist. I never took him for the aggressor type, but i definitely like it.

"Playing the bad cop now are we?" I taunted kissing his lips softly. Before i could slip away Ant. Caught me by my bottom lip keeping me hostage for a while. Our tongues danced around and i allowed my hand to slip over his heart while the other cradled the side of his face. I had to admit that a part of me wouldn't mind staying like this. "Fine." I caved as he released from the kiss.

"Thanks for your cooperation." He chuckled giving my ass a light tap as i climbed off the bed. "Oh i plan to." He added as i walked away flipping him the middle finger.

After thoroughly showering and air drying the outrageous curled nest on my head with a towel, i headed back into my bedroom and threw on a simple white v neck shirt and grey boy shorts. Not only was it the few things that weren't boxed up but i knew it would guarantee some attention from you know who. Once down stairs, the smell of eggs shot through my nose making my stomach scream with joy. But the sight in the kitchen out weighed the smell by a long shot. There Anthony stood shirtless and in a pair of black boxer briefs, flipping pan cakes in my pan.

Since he was taking the time out to make breakfast i figured i set the table. All i had to do was find the right box in here. Its a good thing i labeled them when i did, i thought after finding the correct box on the first try. Moving day was in two days and i couldn't lie i was kinda excited. Sure id miss my first apartment but i wasn't the type to stay with one thing, i was always switching up so it didn't bother me that much.

Once breakfast was ready, Anthony suggested we take it in the living room and watch something on nextflix and it didn't seem like a bad idea. Not saying i had under estimated his ability to cook a simple breakfast but the food was amazing, on the real it was something you could serve at an ihop. It was a mistake telling him that because i had to sit through his bragging rights.

As we washed the dishes together, Ant kept embracing me from behind or flicking suds water at me which lead to a small water fight and a heavy make out session on the kitchen counter. Trying to remain the good girl, i restrained myself and we went back to watching a series of netflix shows. After flipping from show to show we finally managed to keep it on one thing, Prison Break. Michael Scofield sure was a beautiful white man. Every now and then Ant would tease me about being down with the swirl. Im not sure if he'd notice but he also allow me to rest my head in the crook of his neck and kiss my forehead.

By the time netflix began to lose our interest it was going on 2:00pm and we were ready to head out for the day. But not before he got handsy and we winded up pleasing each other right on my couch, coffee table and dozed off on the floor. I was so high up on cloud nine, i didn't want to go any where. And it surely never crossed my mind that i had no idea of what i was getting myself into.

*
*
*

Anthony

"Well look what the devil has dragged in." My mother complained as i tried to sneak into her kitchen. She was facing the sink and her back was to me and she occupied her self humming along to the gospel selections on the radio, so how she managed to hear me was a little impressive. Or scary. "Good morning to you too." She greeted.

"Daddy!" Destiny shouted from upstairs. Not waiting for a reply to dash down the steps and into the kitchen. "you're always late!" She frowned reaching for the book bag full of clothes i had packed for her.

"Excuse me young lady. Thats an adult you're talking to. Don't make me come over there and snatch you up." My mother warned not once turning back from the sink. "Apologize." I watched my pouting daughter mumble apologetic words before sticking her tongue at me and snatching the bag from my grasp.

"Good morning ma." I greeted bending down to kiss her cheek. "Thanks for keeping Des' for me."

"The chile is my grand baby no need to thank me. Now sit and eat." She instructed pointing to the table as she placed a plate of food in the micro wave.

After saying grace, i gladly dug into my breakfast that consisted of cheese eggs, grits french toast and maple sausages. Every sunday Des' and i spend the day with my mama, and the cooking is by far my favorite part. Call me a mamas boy but growing up, i was always buried in a book somewhere or in the kitchen with both my mother and sister. I never did too much of the cooking until i started visiting from college though. Taste testing, watching and listening to their mandatory rules of all women must know their way around the kitchen was my thing.

"So when can i meet her?" My mother asked setting Des' up in front of her plate but keeping her eyes hot on me.

"Meet who?" I asked taking the fork from my mouth.

"Boy i know i raised you to chew your food before you dare speak to me! And don't play dumb with me. Who is this new woman that seems to sparked your interest?" She interrogated with a hand on her tiny hip.

"Ma." I chuckled sitting my fork down and reaching for my cup. "I don't know who you're talking about."

"Well how many women are you seeing exactly??" She asked in suspense raising an eyebrow causing me to slightly choke on my drink. That was not the impression i was trying to leave with my mother. She had that look telling me to continue or else. This isn't a conversation i was ready to have at all but that didn't seem to matter at all.

"Shes talking about Djs mom daddy." Des' interrupted rolling her eyes playfully. "You know ms. Angel."

"The woman's name is Angel? Please tell me thats short for something."

"Angela." I nodded eyeing my daughter who licked her tongue at me before finishing her breakfast. "Shes a good friend." I explained with a broad smile. One that came natural and genuine. "Don't you think its a bit too early for that."

"Angela? She sounds awfully pretty. And a friend huh?" She questioned analyzing the little to no information i had just provided her with. "A friend that you have gone out with on several occasions, one that keeps a big ol koolaid grin on your face as if your sixteen again. And one that seems good enough to meet my grandchild." She recited counting on her fingers. "One that makes you late for breakfast, so yes no its never too early. Especially if you guys have already." She paused looking down at destiny who was propped up on the island counter by her elbows. "You knowww.."

I was pretty sure that despite my brown toned skin i was beyond red right now. My eyes expanded so large they were seconds from falling out of the sockets. Had my mother just ask me about my sex life. She never did that, not even while i was with Diana or Destines mother. In fact the last time i recall having a conversation like that was back in elementary school.

"Ma please. Thats kind of a private matter you know." I defended getting up from my seat to avoid further questionnaires. "Time will tell about you meeting anyone else for a while. As far as I'm concerned you are the number one lady in my life." I complimented kissing her cheek smoothly. "And you too squirt." I added as destiny cleared her throat re-announcing her presences.

"But i like ms Angela. And so do you." She added taking her attention away from her tablet. "Angela and daddy sitting in a treeee." She sang giggling.

"You've been spending too much time with the females over here." I complained. "You're beginning to get annoying just like them." I joked mushing her in the head. "Stay out of grown folk business and let me check your homework."

"I heard that remark young man. Don't think you're too old to get a fat lip. Cop or not." My mother warned clearing destinies garbage. "But as long as you're happy so am i." She smiled softly flipping her hair over her shoulder. "Just take things slow, you don't want to get too involve with someone and find out they're were nothing like the person you got to know." She advised tapping my shoulder. "You're the only son i have left and i don't need the wrong person stealing you away."

I nodded and kissed her cheek again letting her know i heard her loud and clear. Before she could continue with the conversation Destiny skipped into the kitchen with her two math books and homework notebook and my work cell went off as i received a text. It was from a detective from the 24th that i go back with from our academy days.

Got some info on your brothers case you may want to take a look at. Keep discrete.

________________________________

Hey you guys. Hope you all enjoyed your thanksgiving with all of your loved ones. I know I'm still recovering lol. Well i hope you all enjoy this update. Tell me you're thoughts or questions. Pardon any mistakes please and thank you. Oh and id love if you all could check out my first two chapters from my new book Betrayal. Comment if you may. Enjoy

__slimm