C h a p t e r. T h i r t e e n *

Anthony:

*********"Let's go college boy. Game to 20." He said bouncing the ball in my direction and coming out his muscle shirt.

" Na that's game." I surrendered squatting down until I rested on the ball. The look on his face said it all. He wasn't through. Elijah had always been what people called a soar loser but today that wasn't the case. He had won majority of the games fair and square and we been out here all morning. Looking down at my watch I discovered it was now going on 3:00pm. None of that mattered because my younger brother was enjoying taking his frustration out on me.

Eli wasn't the kind of man to let you know that he was unhappy with you verbally, he didn't need to. His actions and body language said it all. Me leaving for college this weekend wasn't exactly an over night decision, we've been anticipating this moment since graduation day back in June. But with the summer ending I guess it was becoming more realistic for him. Behind the thuggish ruggish exterior my baby brother did have feelings, just not too many people got to witness it.

To me and my mama going to college meant bettering my education and getting the hell out of harlem for a change but to Elijah it just meant one thing. Another male walking out this family. But what he needed to understand was that this wasn't a goodbye, id be home at holidays and breaks. Shit the school was only in Boston so i could come home every weekend if i wanted. But still once i decided to go out of state he immediately started comparing me to our father.

Anthony Williams Sr. our father had always been a good husband and care taker, at least thats what my siblings and i saw. It must have all been an act or started going through some sort of midlife crisis, because one day he went from the happy man he always was to this miserable person. And then, a few days before Christmas back when i was fifteen, he announced to my mother that he was going on the road to pursue his music. Just like that he decided he no longer wanted to be a father. In fact his exact words were, he was growing tired of being tied down to something he was no good at. He loved sleeping on buses and strumming a guitar more than he loved his wife, sons and daughter. And with suitcases already packed he walked out our door never returning. Not so much of even a post card.

It broke my mothers heart, in fact she became very dependent on anti depressants and alcohol, while vowing never love again. It affected us all really, my sister Michelle didn't make the best decisions when it came to men they all screamed dead beats. I remember when Elijah and i fucked some guy up for putting his hand on her, i had to stop Eli from killing the man. My younger brother had developed a really bad temper along with the habit of selling drugs. I remember when i caught him on the corner with a few of the older guys, god i wanted to beat the life out of him. He didn't know what the hell he was getting himself into.

If it wasn't hiding wine bottles from my mother, chasing men away from Michelle i was making sure Eli didn't go and get himself killed or arrested. It amazed me that i had managed to graduate top of my class this year. I had my moments when i resented my family for their defense mechanisms of my fathers absence but i couldn't be mad at them, it was his fault not ours. He was the fuck up not ours. I guess my mother saw the toll they were taking on me or something because she cleaned her act up quick. When she gave me her blessing to go out of state for college i jumped on it asap. Maybe i didn't consider everyones feelings and should consider transferring to the city. The streets of harlem aren't that bad.

"Lets go boy." Elijah shouted disrupting my thoughts. Knowing him, if he could he'd keep me out here all weekend. "You gonna sit there like a female or you tryna ball?"

"Eli." I called out standing up from off the ball. He walked over to the bench where our belongings were and chugged down his drink as if i didn't just try and call him. He had this thing where people in the streets had to call him King. To them it gave him street cred. But to me it was still his name, just his middle name. "Yo Wassup w. You?"

"Fuck you talking about?" He asked wiping himself with the white towel.

"You acting salty. Eli you knew i was leaving for how long now? Im only going to school upstate, not in another country."

"Man Ant. Aint no one trippin over that." He defended reclining back on the bench.

"You a shitty ass liar," i laughed. "For real though, you gonna stay mad at me on my last weekend here? Thats how you gonna do me?"

"Yo you on some female shit for real." He shrugged laughing with me. "Im just tryna hoop. We good." He said standing up and palming the ball in his left hand.

"We good?". I asked holding out my hand. He met my palm and nodded his head. "A&K.."

"...All the way baby, now let me whoop ya ass again, i got 100 cash on it." He added as i brought him into a hug. "Real shit I'm proud of you. Ant. Fuckin college guy." *******

My cell phone woke me up from my sleep causing me to roll over and land onto the floor. Shit, i don't remember falling asleep on the couch. In fact i don't remember falling asleep at all. I don't know what was more irritating, the constant ringing from my cell phone or the beaming sun light invading through the window. Once i got the energy to get up i closed the curtain and made my way upstairs to wash the hangover and booming headache away. Its a good thing i didn't have to work the morning shift today and Destiny was at a friends sleep over.

After spending a little under an hour in the cool water i began to sober up but i knew i was going to need an Advil or something to get rid of the headache that was reaching the back of my head. Last night was a night of slightly missing Elijah and my dreams made it no better. This not working his case shit wasn't working for me, i needed answers but word was out that i am family of the victim so i knew it wasn't going to take long for that Morales chick to find out and try and get my badge taken away.

As i thought of other ways of getting some answers i heard my phone ring again from down stairs. Maybe it was my mother or something up with Destiny. Hoping out the shower and wrapping a towel around i headed down stairs but the phone stopped ringing before i could answer. I had a few texts from Des' and Cassie and a few missed calls. One from my sister and three from Angela. As if a light bulb went off in my head i instantly remembered what today was.

"Fuck!" I hissed reading the time. 2:36pm. I forgot i told Angela that i'd meet up with her to go house hunting at 3:00pm. Shit. I knew by the time i'd get there it would be past her appointment. Its been a little over two weeks since we've been out and i had to admit i was beginning to miss her. The last time we went out she ran men ragged through every shoe store there was in the mall downtown. This was the price i payed for losing our last bowling match, and a game of spades, AND a bet on a foot ball game of the Giants Vs. the Packers. And knowing Angela she was enjoying every minute of it; me lugging around bags and her taking her sweet time.

I was convinced she was purposely taunting me once she had me watch her try on outfits in Macy's and then headed into Victoria Secret. Talk about a tease, first the dressing room doors in Macy's didn't hide much of anything as she switched dozens of outfits, then she quietly pranced around Victoria's secret picking through choices and holding up pieces of lingerie and under garments as i stood in the cut pretending not to watch. It wasn't until i was on my phone i caught her looking at me and giggling to her self that it dawned on me that she was indeed teasing me on purpose. I thought about letting her know that i was onto her attempting to seduce me but i decided to let her have her fun and just leave me having my way with her in a random restroom/dressing-room to my imagination.

But once we had made other plans, something always managed to go wrong. First it was something at work, then it was us not being available on the same days. Then last weekend i had to cancel on her again due to a family emergency. It was really frustrating so i couldn't let anything go wrong today, even a small hangover.

Once i got out of the light traffic, it didn't take long to get to the address of the condominium building downtown Brooklyn so i arrived a little passed 3:30pm so i figured my timing was good. Especially when i spotted Angela, son Dj and her cousin Chelsea sitting down in the lobby and someone who must have been the landlord walking over to them. When Angela stood and was able to see that i was here i headed over with a smile but didn't receive one in return. She was upset, and i had to admit it was kinda cute, and damn she looked sexy.

~

Angel:

It shouldn't have bothered me that he didn't pick up or return my calls but it did. I shouldn't have been mad that he didn't show up when we agreed he would but i was. At least have the courtesy to tell me you weren't going to fucking show up. Taking a step back to think about it, i realized i was probably over reacting. Me and this dude had no commitment to one another, we were just two adults chilling when ever we got the chance. In the back on of my mind i don't even know why i expected him to show in the first place since he cancelled our last two dates. For what ever reason, who knows. Whatever, today is about finding a new place for my son and i a new place to live.

Im a really picky person so none of these places were good enough in my opinion. Why move if i wasn't going to find something better than the place i was staying at? But senior seemed to be pretty serious about be getting out of my neighborhood with all the talk about a woman being the one who killed King, so i decided to be more open minded.

I was busy ignoring chelsea and watching Dj play a game on his PsP when the landlord came back over to show me the few apartments that was available. Finally, because Chelsea was annoying me like always, with her non stop about another dinner with my parents, her latest sexual experience with the bouncer, and of course Anthony. I was two seconds away from getting up and walking away so when she finally returned i was ready to jump for joy. That was until i saw what the landlord was smiling so much at.

In walked Anthony with wandering eyes until they locked with my own and a wide smile spread on his face. He showed up. I knew that should have been enough to make up for him not picking up my call but i was still upset. At least i was, until he came over and brought me into a long slight bear hug, filling my nose with his intoxicating cologne.

"I know I'm late." He said apologetically pecking my forehead with his perfectly plump lips and dropping his hands to my waist. "If you're not still upset later ill make it up to you."

"Yeah we'll see." I mumbled rolling my eyes but still smiling back at him. As i turned to head back to the landlord i could see Chelsea smirking from the corner of my eye but payed her no mind.

"Hi, I'm Denise." She greeted to Anthony extending her hand out. "You must be the plus one that will be moving in as well?" She asked more to him than me. He just laughed and shook his head before she sashayed away leading the way to the elevator.

"Oh so she think she funny huh?" Chelsea whispered enough for only me to hear. I nodded in agreement but remained cool. He's not yours Ang. You're just friends. Don't sweat it.

The first apartment she showed us was the second one on the fifth floor and it was pretty cute. The kitchen was decent sized with one counter running along the wall. The living room was a little basic but with a small balcony that showed a nice view of the side of the building, and the bathroom had one shower instead of a tub and two different sinks with a medicine cabinet above and small closet space behind the door. I saw myself styling this place until i saw that it was only a one bedroom. The only bedroom in the place was actually big enough to divide into small rooms so Chels' and Ant didn't see anything wrong with it but that was an instant deal breaker for me. I couldn't be sharing a room with my son, he's a young boy who would be going through puberty soon and would be driving me crazy. Nope, I'm good.

Denise didn't seem to mind that since she had one more available unit in that particular building. She already received her first strike by continuously giving Ant flirty eyes every chance she got, now this apartment was the second but i gave myself an attitude check and let her lead the way to the next viewing; and i had to admit i was sold! Once the elevator doors opened up to a gate and another door that revealed the only apartment on the floor i was excited. Now if that wasn't enough to win me over the whole apartment set was was. The spacious living room had freshly polished wooden floors and the bathroom was pretty much the same as the one down stairs but had a bath as well as a shower. The kitchen was stocked with a new fridge and a marble wooden black counter top that went around all three walls instead of just one. And one spread out into a decent kitchen island. I knew i was signing the least before i even saw the two bedrooms but even they weren't a disappointment.

"ill take it." I said with a smile that quickly faded away with Denise's next statement.

"Great!" She sang with excitement. "Ill just have to head back downstairs for the paper work and you can pick up a copy of they key by the end of this week, will you be making the security payment Ant?" She asked batting her eye lashes calling him his nickname as if she knew him that well.

"No he wont." I snapped clearing my throat making sure i had the bitches attention. She was getting on my last nerve. "I will, it is my apartment." I added with offense folding my arms across my chest. She gave a fake apology and left us alone to get the paper work.

"Ma, I'm hungry." Dj complained coming from the room he declared his. I tried to tell him fifteen more minutes but Chelsea chimed in with him sounding like she was the same age as him rather than a grown ass women. While she agreed to take him to get something to snack on i explored my future apartment making a new discovery. That there were two balconies; one small one in my bedroom and a much bigger one out in the living room. Not the only issue i had with that is i was about ten stories up from the ground instead of five.

"Don't back out now." Anthony whispered from behind me causing me to nearly jump out my skin. "Calm down." He said laughing at me.

"Maybe i should keep my options open." I said bitting down on my lower lip. Ten floors is pretty high up man.

"No." He said sternly pulling me into him. "Maybe you should stop being such a punk. Its obviously you like the place and its in your price range so just get it." He encouraged rubbing the small of my back. "Hey i hope you ain't still mad at me by the way." He questioned stroking my jaw with his thumb.

"Maybe i am." I challenged shrugging my shoulders and slightly standing on my toes. "The real question is--" he roughly smothered my lips with his and tightening his grip around me. He released a frustrated growl in his throat when i refused to meet his embrace back and bit down on my lip making my moan and giving him opportunity to dart his tongue in. Shit, he was really aggressive about it today. Anthony even went as far as backing me into the wall until it met my back with a soft thud and lifted me up in the air. "Ant.. Wh--what, fuck.."

"Shh." He ordered as we continued to fight over control of the kiss. Just when i thought he was going to break away from the kiss like always he didn't. Instead he spun us around placing me on top of the counter and began to place kisses on my ear and neck. "You still mad?" He teased running his tongue down to my collar bone then slowly pulling away revealing the bulge in his jeans.

As horny as he made me i was ready to go for the kill but his cell phone ran. "Williams." He grunted when i lowered my hands. "Na I'm not busy I'm out with a friend but I wont be in until the second shift." Instantly i removed my hands and stared at him in shock. Friend? Not busy? What the fuck.

Friends do not go out on dates. Friends don't flirt the way we do. Friends do not kiss or hug the way we do. And surely friends do not do what we were just about to right here on this counter top. I am sick of Anthony and these mixed signals bullshit. Was i still mad? No. I was livid and over this shit. This is why i don't waste my time dating. Fuck this.

~

For the rest of the week Ants. Calls went ignored and we did not see see each other. I kept telling myself i wasn't mad but deep down i knew that was a bunch of bullshit. I hated that i made a big fool of myself making myself seem so available when all he thought of me was a friend. I mean i don't really know what i considered him to be because he certainly wasn't my man and he wasn't putting any money in my pockets so he wasn't a trick but i did know i liked him and man was it obvious that i wanted him. Im not dumb he wanted me too what man wouldn't, but i was dying to know what he saw me as, and i found out a week ago. A friend, nothing more and nothing less. And that was the problem; i wanted him to feel something deeper than that. At least i think i did.

Its been a while since i thought this hard or much about one man, and never in my life did i question myself. All until Anthony Williams but all of that was going to stop, now. Reading his third text message for the day and ignoring it i continued to pack up my last box with my things from my bedroom. Move in day was coming up and with the help from senior just about everything was ready to go. Everything except for some clothes. But tonight i was taking a break and going out with Tricka and Chelsea since Dj was at his dads. Its been almost what? A month and a half since I've really been out so a few drinks and maybe clubbing sounded really good.

After showering conditioning my hair so it was wet and wavy i hurried up and got dressed so i wouldn't keep the girls waiting. Once they called my cell and chelsea honked her horn i was dressed in a off white long sleeve form fitting linen dress and a pair of closed toe six inch cream heels and clamping my jewelry on.

"I see this bitch tying to get a fee numbers tonight." Tricka squealed from the back of Chelsea's SUV sitting next to two of Chels' friend from her job. Chelsea and Tricka weren't exactly the best of friends but i was in dying need of a good girls night out, And i was giving her gas money and buying her drinks so she sucked it up. And i told this bitch Tricka to keep all that coke sniffing shit at home tonight.

Once we headed into the bar lounge downtown manhattan i was ready to enjoy my night to the fullest. After getting settled in and being there for a little over two hours i was tired of sipping wine and headed to the bar for something a little stronger. While waiting for chelsea and i drinks i heard a laugh at the end of the bar, one i knew all to well after a while. He must have felt my presence too because once i turned to the right he spotted me.

Pretending like i didn't see him, i turned my direction back to the bar tender as he took my money in exchange for the drinks and walked back over to the girls until a male stepped in front of me blocking my way. "Excuse me but would you like to dance?" He asked smiling down on me.

At first i actually considered it but it was pretty basic to use him just to make someone else jealous who wasn't checking for me that way. "No thank you." I declined with a smile stepping around him and taking my seat with the girls. We talked our shit for a while until i was in a dancing mood thanks to all the drinks. Swaying my hips to Beyonce's party i was finally having some real fun. Until my phone vibrated in my clutch showing Ants number that i had deleted but just so happen remembered by heart. I figured he'd take the hint when i ignored him all week but i guess not so i just shrugged and closed my purse still dancing with the girls.

"We'll at least i know your phone is working." He said from behind me. Turning around to face him, i expected him to have that same damn flirtatious grin or smirk glued on his face but he didn't. This was the first time i seen him look a little agitated if that what he was. "Is there a particular reason you're ignoring me Angela?" He asked folding his arms.

"Oh, Hey friend." I exaggerated with one of the fakes smiles, being sure to expose all my teeth."whats up."

"Thats what I'm trying to figure out."

"Let me know when you do." I shrugged placing my purse and drink down and making my way to the bathroom. Before i could make my way into one of the stalls the door re opened and closed but this time the lock snapped behind it.

"Angela." Already knowing who it was i turned and went to the large mirror to fix up my hair and makeup.

"Angel." I corrected. He lost his Angela privileges. We were back to Angel now. "What can i do for you detective?"

"Really now?" He asked taking a step back offensively. "Whats your problem?"

"I don't have one, but maybe you do because this is the ladies room." I said sarcastically pointing to the sign on the door. We stared each other down as i waited for him to leave but he folded his arms across his muscular chest to show he wasn't budging. "Anthony what do you want?"

"For you to explain to me what did i do for you to begin ignoring me and to give off as much attitude as you're giving now." He said like it should have been obvious. I mean it was but it should have been just as obvious that i wasn't trying to deal with this right now.

"ill just use it later." I mumbled heading to the door he was blocking. "Are you going to move or what?" He did the exact opposite by getting into a comfortable stance and turning the corner of his lips into a smile.

"Angela, babe just--"

"Babe?" I questioned scrunching up my nose in frustration. "Just last week you were calling me your friend after nearly dry humping me in the middle of my kitchen and now your giving out pet names." I huffed rolling my eyes. "Make up your mind, stop throwing mixed messages for christ sakes friends or what? are we dating or not are we fucking or not? Because i don't do this whole in between thing or guessing games. Im done making myself look dumb throwing myself at you when its obvious you don't even want me. If company is all you want then act like it, period." I shouted waiting for him to move the hell out of my way.

"Mixed signals?" He asked following me over to the sink and mirror. "Angela, there are no mixed messages going on. We are friends, friends that are dating. Getting to know each other. Whats so complicated about that?"

"Two months and six days, eight dates, dozens of phone calls, four kisses and you have not made any attempt to sex me or let me know where we stand." I stated. "Is there something wrong with me? Am i not good enough to be a girlfriend and what not? Do you not wanna fuck me as bad as i want you? Which is it?" I sincerely asked not caring how desperate i sounded. I needed answers.

"Angel." He laughed shaking his head. "Come here." He requested walking halfway to me but i remained against the sink. " were still fresh into this, I'm trying to take things slow with you, why cant you respect that?" He asked now face to face with me. "Nothing is wrong with you except for the fact you need to chill the fuck out and let me handle this. You are one of the most gorgeous women i have laid eyes on and you turn me on without a doubt. But at the end of the day you lady and i was raised to treat you like one." He breathed heavily as we became chest to chest with our pelvics rubbing together. "I shouldn't have to treat you like a piece of meat for you to know that i indeed would like to fuck the shit out of you right now. Especially right here in this very moment." He whispered squeezing my ass tight with one hand and gripping a handful of my curls with the other.

"I didn't say i was done." He growled into my ear when i tried to interrupt him. "You had your chance to talk now its my turn." He hissed into my ear tugging on my hair and separating my legs with his knees. "This is what you wanted?" He whispered pushing me back until i was up on the sink. It must have been a rhetorical question because he pushed our mouths together with the back of my head and instantly i tasted his alcohol coated tongue onto mine. There was nothing gentle about this kiss but i loved every minute of it. I voluntarily followed his lead instead of fighting to be in control cus something told me he wasn't going to allow it, not tonight. As i wrapped my arms around his neck and legs around his waist Anthony hiked my dress up and i heard a taring noise. My panties?

Resting one hand on the mirror behind my head he reached into his back pocket while still drowning me with his tongue. Just as i feared he pulled away from the kiss causing me to whimper but gasp right after when he viciously bit at my neck and rubbed two fingers in between my legs. "Fuck your soaked." He groaned banging on the mirror pushing two fingers deep into my lips.

"Anthony. Wait." I pleaded the more he strummed at my aching clit.

"NO." His voice echoed in the entire bathroom that I'm sure someone could hear. "You want me right?" He asked waiting for confirmation still slamming his fingers in and out. Rubbing my clit, back in and out. Circling around all while sucking and licking from my neck to me cleavage. "Yes or no?" He impatiently rushed bringing his lips to mine imprisoning my bottom lip causing me to dig my nails in his shoulder blades. "Good girl." Laughed at me trying to catch my breath and nod my head. When did he put a condom on? I questioned as he brushed his lengthly penis against my dripping core.

"Stop teasing!" I screamed out tightening my legs around his waist but he wouldn't come closer. He kept doing as he pleased then snatched me off of the sink, swiftly bent me over to where my ass was exposed in mid and and slid himself all the way into me. "Fuckkk." We both said in unison. He fitted in me so perfectly but yet so tight.

"Are you satisfied now Angel?" He asked pulling me back by my curled hair until i was able to watch him from the mirror. Behind me. Slamming into my core, long deep hard, lustful, blissful love making strokes. "You're mine now."

____________________________

Long ass chapter but hmmm. Hot and heavy? Like ? Dislike? Thoughts? WELL DONT JUST SIT THERE VOTE AND COMMENT.

WILL NOT UPDATE UNLESS I GET MORE THAN 25 COMMENTS ...

__slimm