Chapter 3. Tony Stark

It was the worst Rocio had seen the man yet. When he entered the bar he was clearly already drunk. He smelt of alcohol and his clothes were ruffled.

"Gimme the usual." He slurred, pulling himself onto the stool. Rocio shook her head.

"I'm not sure if that's a good idea." She said holding back on pouring him something. The dark circles under his eyes were a vivid purple as he looked up at her.

"I have money. Serve me." He demanded drunkly. She raised an eyebrow.

"Or, better idea,  I could not and you could go home." She said with a frown. He cursed under his breath.

"Look I'll pay you whatev-whatever." He hiccuped. "Whatever you want. Just give me some fucking whisky." His hand held onto the side of the bar keeping him steady.

"Look man." She leaned over to look at the ID He had slammed on the table. "Mr.  Johnsbury. Go home. You are too drunk and I'm not gonna be responsible for turning you into jello." The man growled.

"Fine! Whatever!" He heaved himself off of the stool and made his way slowly to the door. "Shit service you got." He grumbled as he slammed the door behind him. Rocio flinched as the wooden door rattled. She sighed and apologized to a lady sitting a few seats away. The lady shrugged and sat a little longer nursing her beer.

After about 30 mins Rocio heard the Telltale swoosh of the mail hitting the floor. She walked over and picked up the 3 letters.

Shit. Rents due. And the electricity....and the water.

She cursed herself internally and made her way to the back where she turned on her ancient computer. Quickly checking her bank account she sighed in relief knowing she would just barely be able to pay the bills this month. The 7$ she made in profit this month would go to her savings. At this rate maybe she could get a car in what? 10 years?

The bell in the bar jingled alerting her that someone had came in and she poked her head out to see. It was the same lady as before. She looked a bit frightened and aggitated.

"Hey uh. I'm sorry but the guy that was in here earlier? He's uh. He's around back and he's smashing things..." Rocio's eyes widened.

"Jesus." She locked the front door and headed to the back. As she opened the door she could immediately hear him.

"Fucking mother fucking-" His voice trailed off into slurs as he smashed a glass bottle into the side of the bar. Rocio watched with wide eyes as his back hit the wall and he slid down to a sitting position. She stepped forward to make her presence known but stopped as he took out a cellphone. After pressing a few buttons he held the phone loosely up to his ear.

"Bruce. It's me." He took a deep breath. His hands shook violently as he held the phone to his ear. "I know I've left you a lot of messages. But I know you are getting these." The man groaned and held his side, which you could now see was bleeding. "Look Banner. Everything's gone to shit. The whole team, well. There is no team. Caps gone. Nats off looking for you. Clint made it back to his family so I've heard. There's no one left." His voice was getting choked up as he paused for a moment. "I need you jolly green. Just answer my fucking messages Bruce! He yelled. "You're really fucking selfish you know that? Just taking off. You think you're keeping us safe well you're not." His eyes watered as he gripped his phone.

Rocio watched and listened in horror. She started to realize what was happening and put the pieces together. With his overgrown beard and hair she hadn't recognized him. It all made sense, the clothes, the car.

"Just answer your damn phone you asshole!" The man gripped his phone harshly. "Why are you such a prick?!" He then launched his phone across the narrow alleyway where it hit the brick wall. Pieces of metal flew in every direction as it smashed. After a few moments of silence Rocio walked over so that she was standing in front of him. He looked up with glassy eyes.

"So your name isnt Mr. Jonesbury I take it?" He shook his head. "Fake ID?" He nodded.

"Its not like all of your customers don't use them." He grumbled. Rocio took a deep breath.

"Mr Stark let's get you inside the bar so I can clean up that wound." He put his head in his hands and let out a sob. Rocio crouched down. "Get yourself together." She commanded.

"Just leave me here." He whined. "Maybe I'll be lucky and die." Rocio's jaw dropped at his statement. She watched as he pulled a small bottle of alcohol from his pocket.

"Do i want to know where you got that?" Rocio groaned. He wiped a bit of dripped off of his lips. She reached forward and with the flick of her wrist sent the bottle flying across the alley.

"Hey!" He protested. She grabbed his shoulder and heaved him up to a stand and pulled him inside the bar. "What do you think you're doing?!" He shouted as she pushed him into a chair.

"Shutup and sit still." Rocio pulled his suit off of him.

"I didnt consent to this!" He grumbled but made no move to stop her. Once she relieved him of a top she gasped.

"Jesus! What did you do? Get stabbed??" He shrugged.

"Cut myself on a bottle." She rolled her eyes and pulled some rubbing alcohol from her first aid kit. She delicately began to clean the cut whilst not making eye contact with his arc reactor. She knew what it was, everybody did. It made her slightly uneasy however.

"You're an idiot." She mumbled while cleaning. "You're a billionaire. Why the hell are you hanging out in hell's kitchen of all places?" He opened his mouth to answer but couldn't find the words. "Are you trying to get yourself kidnapped? Again?" He winced as you picked a piece of glass from his wound.

"Who are you my mother?" He retorted.

"No I'm someone with common sense."

"I didnt ask for your judgement. Or you to fix me up." He grumbled.

"Shutup." Rocio said giving the final touch on the bandaid. "I'm not a doctor. So when you get yourself home I'd recommend calling yourself a good one. You might need stitches." He stood up from the chair and immediatly reached out for the table to steady himself.

"Whatever." He limped slightly as he walked to the door.

"Stay out of Hell's Kitchen Mr. Stark." Rocio warned. He turned back around to see her standing with her hands on her hips. "There's a lot of people who want you dead here." He rolled his eyes.

"I can handle it."