Chapter 5. Stark Tower.

Sorry for such a late update! Enjoy!

"Where the hell are you going??" Tony screeched as Rocio turned sharply. For such an old car, it certainly moved quick enough for Rocio to navigate the sharp turns. 

"I'm taking you home." She grumbled. "Maybe this time you'll stay put." To Tony's surprise, she drove skillfully through the city, curving around buildings while maintaining a constant speed. Her loose braid whipped wildly behind her.

"Does this car have seat belts?!" He yelled while holding anything around him. Rocio shook her head grimly.

"No airbags either!" Tony clutched his arc reactor and sent out a silent prayer.

"Where did you learn to drive like this?!" He asked warily, his voice quieting as he realized she could handle the driving. He held on to the safety handle above the window as Rocio curved around a large SUV. Rocio sighed.

"While you were out partying and doing lifetime interviews, the rest of us were making a living. Anyway we could." She said between gritted teeth. Tony raised a brow but didnt question any further.

Buildings improved in quality as Rocio navigated out of Hell's Kitchen. Graffiti dwindled as they drive on to the point where it almost seemed non-existent. Large murals passed in their place. As the skyscrapers got larger, the sun seemed to shine brighter. People appeared more frequently and the sidewalks became paved.

"Turn right here." Tony gestured. Rocio rolled her eyes.

"I know where it is. Everybody knows where it is." She said irritably.

"Yes but we can take a detour through my garage." He said with a wave of his hand. "Turn here." Rocio gritted her teeth and whipped the car. "Go further."

"I know where it is you piece of shit."

As to coincide with her words, in the distance the large reflective building of Stark Tower appeared. The sun beamed against it and Rocio tensed up at the image.

In front of them appeared a large concrete entrance, with a scanner in the front. Rocio pulled up to it, allowing Tony to reach out with his hand and touch the small pad. His hand covered the scanner and he retracted it after a small beep sounded.

"A fingerprint scanner? I wouldve thought you'd have it a bit more high tech." Rocio scoffed as she pulled through the now-opening concrete doors.

"The finger print scanner is only a sign in log." Tony said with a smirk. He chuckled at Rocio's confused gaze and continued. "We have a full range X-Ray and Thermal scanner that examined us in a fraction of a second. That was the high tech."

Rocio slid up to a parking space at the end of a long line of luxury cars. Her car sputtered before turning off, letting out a slight sigh.

"Out." She commanded. Tony quickly maneuvered himself out of the car, coming to a stand on the floor. He looked back at Rocio, his eyes full and uncomfortable.

"Thanks. I guess." He said looking back and forth.

"For what?" She snapped. He rolled his eyes and rested his elbow on the car.

"You did pretty good back there. You held your own with those dicks." He said with a glint of his eyes. Rocio huffed.

"I wouldn't have had to if you would have stayed away. Now I need to file a police report and clean up my bar." She said hotly. He shrugged.

"Ill send a cleaning crew by."

"Dont bother. "

She turned the key in the ignition and groaned when the car wheezed in response. She hit the steering wheel with the palm of her hand.

"Fuck!" She cursed, yanking the key again.

"Seems like you may be out of a vehicle." Tony pointed out. Rocio groaned in response. "Come on inside, I'll have my guys take a look at it and you can hang out inside while they work on it." He gestured towards the door. Rocio sighed. It would be forever before she could even consider a new car, and she was in no position to turn down a free fixing. 

"Fine." She grumbled, exiting the car and following Tony Stark inside the tower.