Chapter 4

Chapter Four:

"I don't see how." I denied, crossing my arms over my chest.

I didn't feel particularly self-conscious. He was looking my bare legs up and down, heat filling his eyes, but it didn't bother me. I couldn't bring myself to want to hide my body from the man I was designed to be with. It just didn't feel right. So instead, I cocked an inquisitive, yet mocking, eyebrow, and let him look all he wanted.

"My patience is nonexistent at this point, Miss Keating. Don't make me prove that." He threatened. He stood and took two steps closer to me, but I stayed rooted in my spot in front of the closed bathroom door.

"Mine as well, King Finnian. What do you want?" I got straight to the point, tired of the mind games today.

"I can think of a few things I want..." He looked down my body again before settling on my face once more.

"Hmm, I see..." I drawled out. "Well, you're in for quite the disappointment, because you won't be receiving those things here."

Two steps closer. "Is that so?" It was his turn to lift a taunting eyebrow at me, his lips pulling up into a smirk.

"It is. Although, maybe you could send me a real man instead."

Before I could even comprehend the words that had left my mouth, he was right in front of me, growling lowly from deep within his chest. He pulled me into his hard body, his hands gripping my hips. I could feel his claws elongating through the thin material of my t-shirt, but they didn't puncture it. His canines were poking into his bottom lip and his eyes glowed. His wolf was in control right now. I knew he wouldn't physically hurt me, so I didn't fear him.

"I assure you, Miss Keating. The only man who will be pleasuring you will be me. If any other male even thinks about putting their hands on you, I'll rip out their throats and show you who you belong to."

He ran his nose up the side of my neck, the heat from his breath burning deliciously against my cold skin. Goosebumps rose across my flesh and a quivering heat ignited inside me, but somehow, I kept a cool exterior, much like he had at dinner.

"Careful, King Finnian. We wouldn't want anyone to know whose mate I am, now would we?" My voice surprisingly came out strong.

"Hmm." He hummed, peppering kisses on my jaw. "I suppose not." He played along. His voice came out as a deep, husky rumble.

"I am rather excited about the mating ball though. I'm sure there will be plenty of eligible bachelors who are actually up for the challenge." I pressed my own lips to his jaw, teasingly, before pulling back and smiling innocently up at him.

"A challenge that is meant for me and me alone. Don't make me follow through on my threats."

"A challenge that I don't believe you're man enough to handle." I taunted him.

"If you keep questioning my manhood, I'll be forced to prove you wrong.  It's you who I'm not sure is up for the challenge." He nipped at my earlobe. I held in a moan.

"Maybe. I guess we'll never know since you're a coward who's too scared to claim-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence before my feet left the ground and I was slammed into the wall behind me, his mouth covering mine. I responded immediately, despite my better judgement. 

As I started kissing him back, I wrapped my legs around his hips, my feet resting above his tight, sexy ass. My arms wound around his neck and I pulled him closer and tugged on his hair harshly. He growled in response and bit my lower lip, not enough to hurt, just to sting a bit.