Chapter 15

Authors Note:  So, this entire chapter is in Tyler's POV.  It starts a few minutes after she leaves the castle.  The next chapter will go back to Kendall's POV.

Chapter Fifteen:

Tyler's POV

I stepped behind the tree that I left my clothes under and focused on my human form. I felt the familiarity of my bones reshaping and my hair receding as I shifted back from four legs to two.

Once I was back in my human form, I rolled my neck around to get rid of the tension and stood up. I grabbed my clothes off the ground and redressed in my black slacks, dark blue shirt, and black shoes. I left the tie off since I would be heading straight to my room and the top two buttons undone.

I rolled up my sleeves to my elbows as I stepped from behind the tree. Soon, Nathan, Matt, and Dalton stepped out from behind their trees as well, now in human form instead of the wolves I had just run with.

It was nice to have people to run with now. I knew it was only temporary, but I was enjoying it while I could. I felt a kinship to the Keating's that I didn't usually feel. I couldn't explain it, but they felt like good friends already, even though I had only known them for less than a month. I would almost go as far to say they felt like family. It was a weird sentiment, but it was true. It was something I wasn't used to. My own family, which had dwindled down to just my sister, brother in law, and mother, didn't live anywhere near the castle. I had friends here, but Finn usually kept me so busy that I didn't have time to go out much. I was enjoying having companionship again.

Speaking of Finn, I felt him pushing at my mental shield, so I dropped it before he could force his way in. As the King, he could break down anyone's mental shield, but he usually didn't unless it was an emergency.

As soon as my shield was down, his voice boomed in my head, a slight panicky edge in his tone that was completely unfamiliar coming from him.

'Tyler, I need you in my meeting room. Now!'

Hearing the panic and worry in his voice caused my hackles to rise. Something was wrong.

"I've got to go." I called back to the guys, already running towards the castle.

I ran as fast as I could in human form. I didn't stop until I reached Finn's meeting room. I didn't bother to knock, instead twisting the brass knob and going straight inside. I was surprised to see the room destroyed. The table had been thrown against the wall and now laid upside down, full of cracks. The chairs had all been flung against the wall as well, plastic scattered everywhere.

He was pacing on the opposite side of the room as the door. He didn't look like normal. He was usually so put together, but now he was a mess. His hair was disheveled and sticking up in different directions, like he had been running his hands through it repeatedly. His shirt was wrinkled and torn in a few places, only half of it still tucked into his slacks. His eyes glowed golden and his canines were extended.

"Took you fucking long enough." He growled out, sounding more animal than human right now. He stopped his pacing and looked over at me, his fists clenching at his sides.

I didn't reply. I didn't feel that his words needed a reply. I had gotten here as fast as I could, faster than most other wolves would have. He was just taking his frustrations out on me because whatever, or whoever, had caused it wasn't here.

"She's gone." If I thought he sounded animalistic before, it was nothing compared to those two words. His normal cold and detached tone was now thick with emotion.