Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen:

After I got tired of sitting, I started pacing, chewing on my thumb nail nervously. I wasn't sure about this, I wasn't sure about anything. But I did know that I needed to know. I couldn't live in the dark anymore.

As I paced, I thought of all the things that could go wrong. Would he know what we were doing? Would he feel us riffling through his head? Would he be mad at me or would he be relieved that I finally knew?

More importantly, I thought about what I might find. Would I end up mad or relieved? Would he do something in the future or had he already done something in the past? Or was it something I would do, or maybe someone else.

I let out a rugged sigh and raked my fingers through my dark brown curly tresses roughly. I pulled my hands out of my tangled locks and rubbed my face harshly, anxiety filling me to my core. What would I find?

After a few minutes, my door finally opened. Selena walked through first, Kat right behind her. They shut the door, leaving the three of us alone and away from prying ears. Kat noticed my tension filled state right away and glanced worriedly at me, but Selena took a minute.

"Finally, a room with some freaking heat. I almost froze my tits off walking down here." She complained dramatically. Normally I would agree; the castle was always cold, which was why I turned the heater in my room on earlier. But, right now, it could have been freezing and I probably wouldn't notice. "What's up with you?" She asked, finally noticing my anxiousness.

"I need you to do a spell." I blurted out, looking at Kat.

"Of course, what's going on? What do you need me to do?" Kat agreed immediately.

I hesitated for a moment, trying to decide if I wanted to do this. I decided I did.

"I need you to search through King Finnian's memories."

Her dark eyebrows knitted together. "I can't, Kendall. I wish I could, but Niki spelled his mind to keep people out."

"She did. But she said you have access to it until he gets back."

Her eyebrows unfurrowed and rose in surprise. "What? She told you that?"

"Yeah, like fifteen minutes ago. She said she couldn't tell me what he was hiding from me, but his mind is open and unblocked. She told me to tell you to search for the memory of the vision she showed him."

"Kendall, are you sure about this?" Kat asked after a few seconds of thinking it over.

"Of course she's sure. Let's see what that lying asshole is hiding." Selena interrupted.

"I'm sure, Kat." I reassured her. "I need to know. I understand if you don't want to do it. He might consider it treason and if you don't want to get mixed up in that, you don't have to."

"I'm with you, Kendall. If you go down, I go down. I just wanted to make sure that this is really what you want. You can't unsee or unknow what it is." She clarified.

"I know. I'm sure." I repeated.

"Okay, let's do it then."

"So, how will it work? You can do it without him here, right?"

"Yeah, I can. He won't even feel me in his mind. Niki taught me how to do it unnoticed. I'll harness water; I've done best with water for this spell. I'll hold your hand and you'll be able to see what I see. It will be from his eyes, so we'll see whatever he saw." She told me.

I nodded and she walked out of the room

"You can show us both, right?" Selena asked when she returned.