Rival Bonus Conversations

These conversations take place following Rival...

Madoc: Ya know, you get off easy. Your anniversary is the same day as Tate's birthday.

Jared: Well, I didn't plan it that way.

Madoc: So what did you get her?

Jared: None of your business.

Madoc: Jax! What did Jared get Tate for her birthday?

Jax: Uh, one nice thing! One naughty thing! That's all I can say.

Madoc: What the hell?

Jax: *snort* It's pretty naughty, too.

Jared: Shut up.

Jax: What? It's hot. Didn't know you were into public displays and all. Thought that was Madoc and Fallon's kink, but...I learn something new about you every day.

Jared: SHUT. UP.

Madoc: Why can't I know?

Jared: Because you have no filter, and...

Jax: It's what she would've had to do if she lost the race. What he's been wanting to do to her.

Jared: I'm gonna kick your ass!

Jax: Yeah, I guess that's all you can reach now that I'm taller than you.

Jared: Whatever. I don't have time for this shit. I have to go. *walks off

Jax: Come on. Let's go see a movie.

Madoc: I don't want to see a movie.

Jax: No, you want to. The theater is where it happens. This is going to be awesome!

The theater anniversary scene was the continuation of this conversation.

***

Me: You were nominated for the March Madness Book Boyfriend Battle against Mason Kade.

Jared: *eating, ignoring me

Me: *arms crossed, tapping foot

Jared: *eating

Me: *tapping foot louder

Madoc: *silently laughing at the table

Me: *clears throat* Jared?

Jared: *eating, ignoring

Me: *arch brow

Jax: *snort

Me: Jared, I'd REALLY like to win. You can prove that you are book boyfriend material, after all.

Jared: *arches brow

Me: *looks away, fuming* It doesn't hurt your face to smile. Why do you have to be so stubborn?

Jared: ...

Me: You have a soft side. Just show it! The perfect book boyfriend is bad in all the right ways, and they know how to be vulnerable. I'm not asking you to shed tears or anything.

Jared: *eating, glaring

Madoc: *laughing

Jax: *smiling

Me: For me? Try? Please?

Jared: Do you remember the sixteen year old girl who was forced to go to confession and then refused to do penance, because she still wouldn't admit she'd done anything wrong?