Drive Me Home

Vote & comment & thank for your reads and support

Ian's Pov

As soon as I woke up, I decided to see the new Instagram posts of Rose. Maya said that the latter will be coming home tomorrow and I couldn't wait to see her again. Yet my alibi to be around Rose was Maya and that won't work now because the latter is going on a blind date tonight.  I felt irritated with such a thought because it shut down my plan before it even started. 

From sickly watching the lovey dovey pictures of Rose and her husband, I searched for Maya's account and not so surprisingly I found no account belonging to her. How can a twenty first century girl live without an Instagram. Get frustrated with the idea of Maya always being unreachable, I tried to look for her on twitter and Facebook and I found  her accounts. I was following her but she wasn't. I followed her maybe four years ago when Rose and I got into a huge fight. I the same as  now wanted to use Maya to solve the problem but I guess that she didn't like me that much to follow me back.

Her accounts were deserted since forever and all there were in them were mere quotes and a couple of pictures that Rose or other friends tagged her in. This girl is a real riddle. How am I going to get closer to her if have nothing but Rose's past words about her? 

According to Rose, Maya was the sweetest most faithful friend ever. Also, Maya is a goody two shoes who believes in the goodness of human beings. But this so delicate nature of hers shouldn't trick you. She is a strong, rude when needed, blunt and independent. The last time Rose talked about Maya, she also told me that she became the personal assistance of some huge business man. 

I guess that that's all the clues that I have about her.

After aimlessly searching for clues in Maya's accounts, I decided to continue my day. For some reason the idea of who is Maya became hunting and I needed to wipe it out of my mind by any means. I went to my own company that day and everything went so smoothly in mere months this company will be the talk of all the business market. It was growing steadily and rapidly and I am truly proud of it. My mind kept on drifting to same unanswered question " Who is Maya?" but every time it did I ignored it.

At nearly 9 pm, when I was driving myself home, my cell phone ringed and without caring about who it is I just put them on high speakers. A sniff that's all I heard and my heart started racing and my head filled with dark possibilities. Is she okay?

"Maya, what's wrong?" I rapidly questioned  

"Ian can you please come pick me up?" She brokenly questioned

"Give me the address." I ordered and as soon as I got I drove literally like a mad man. Maya might be just an acquaintance of mine but her crying voice did things to me. I just didn't like seeing her broken.

As I drove by the famous Italian restaurant, her date location I guess, I found her standing near its door. She was dressed in this deep red dress, her black hair fell freely on her shoulders and she had a little bit of makeup. She hugged herself and seemed lost. I didn't like seeing her this way. The Maya that went out with me yesterday was fierce and full of life but this Maya looked broken.

"May..." I hushed as I got out of the car and walked to her

"Thank you so much for coming Ian. I didn't mean to trouble you but I didn't drive here and I wanted to call Rose but she is not here and...." she continued to ramble endlessly as she wiped her heavily falling tears.

"It is more than okay. But are you okay?" I questioned her and found myself wanting to hug her and protect her.

"Yes, now can you please drive me home?" she asked and I just obeyed.