So that's Maya?

Vote & comment & thank for your reads and support

Ian's Pov

My heart finally went insane as the old and new memories flooded in my head. My heart kept on telling me to go find Rose, the woman it adored since we were kids. But my body and something way stronger than my heart kept on pulling me to Maya. I don't get why I kept on watching her from a far. I don't understand why I got a bit tensed when Nickolas wrapped her in his hands. I don't know why I stopped looking for Rose and just stared at the couple who stood hugging in the middle of the living room.

They seemed way too friendly around each other and I was left to question the nature of their relationship: are they mere friends or more? and if they are more then why do I care? I am just doing it out of a friendly care or out of something more intense? Why do I suddenly want to shove nick away and hold Maya between my own arms? What is the nature of this feeling that keeps on pulling me to her?

"Ian." Rose's voice ringed in my ear and I turned around to see her and Jacob

"Yes?" I questioned her sudden acknowledgment

"You seem lost and spacing out. Are you okay? and also your date is looking for you." she uttered with no kind of apparent emotions as if she didn't care about me bringing girls to her household.

"I am okay and she will find me..." I replied and my eyes yet again drifted to Maya again. That's when some foreign anger controlled me. Nick was hugging her close very close. He was whispering things to her and she suddenly looked at him adoringly. She, lastly, grinned at him and he kissed her forehead ever so lightly that's when my hands turned into fists and I felt my own pulse quickening. What is wrong with me?

"Are you still mad about her refusal?" Rose's voice yet again interfered with my thoughts and anger

"No but I don't trust him." I said shortly trying to keep my anger at bay

"Well he proved himself to her and us. He is still trying his best to impress her and I think that it is working..." Rose smiled as she looked at the couple 

"He is scoring high on her type of guy list." Jacob talked and I don't know if his presence or his words made me more anxious and angrier 

"I don't trust him." I repeated again with more venom and saw the look of surprise that took over Rose's face

"You are not asked too." Rose replied with shooting me a dirty glare

"Let's go and join them." Jacob offered Rose as he dragged her away.

I was left alone once again. I was now offered a scene of two perfect happy couples. A couple that I wanted to end and a couple that was ending my sanity. As I watched them more, I felt slender hands circle my waist and from the powerful smell of perfume I knew who it was. 

"Baby...Can't we leave I am bored." My latest one night stand and now my date purred in my ear seductively.

I took a hold of her hands and moved them away from my waist. She was annoying. I woke up in my bed ,today, and she was next to me. I guess that had another drunken night. I brought here because I wanted to make Rose jealous and I also didn't want to look like a loner. 

"I can't but you may leave." I harshly replied 

"Who are those?" she ignored me and questioned pointing to the two couples

"You already met the hosts of this party Rose and Jacob and those are their best friends Maya and Nicholas." I clarified 

"So that's Maya?" she abruptly replied after a long silence and took me by surprise how does she know her?

"You know her?" I asked rushing 

"You kept on moaning her name last night." the girl clarified with no emotions apparent in her tone

"I didn't" I was now clearly shocked. I knew that sometimes I moaned Rose's name before but I never did that to any other girl!

"Well you were way too drunk to remember." my date answered me then walked away leaving with an information that weighed tones! Why would I fantasize about Maya? Do I want her in a physical way? she is not my type even...She is way too simple and pure. She is not exactly a model. She doesn't look as good as Rose....

Questions kept on haunting me for the rest of the party. I didn't know what was happening around me and just took a seat on one of the living room sofas and sat there for god knows how much. I didn't move and my head rested in my hands all that time until I felt a light tap on my shoulder and there was Maya in her red dress. I didn't notice it earlier because Nick kept on getting on my nerves. The  dress reached her mid thigh and left her long legs uncovered. It hugged her every curve perfectly and showed that she was no more overweight but just perfectly curvy.

"You look beautiful." The words escaped my mouth before I could stop them and Maya's cheeks became as red as her dress

"Thanks and it all thanks to Nick's help." She shyly replied yet the mention of his name got me to lose my temper again

"Nick?" I roughly questioned her

"He picked the dress." she simply replied but I saw a look of concern in her eyes. I knew that she certainly felt my anger and was questioning it. Without giving her a chance to talk or to run away I just caught her hand and found myself driven by some kind of maddened instinct to claim her as mine. She kept on yelling at me but I released her only when we were alone in the  corridor.

"Ian what the hell is wrong with you!" She yelled at me 

"You are what's wrong with me!" I yelled back at her and took a step closer to her while she stepped back and hit the wall

"What did I do to you? And aren't you afraid of Rose catching us?" She hushed this time and tried to look anywhere but my eyes

"She has guests to care about." I replied as I closed the space between us and heard Maya's sharp intake of air

"Ian?" she questioned again while her eyes kept down but I myself had no answer for her. I myself didn't know what I was doing. I felt like my body was moving on its own. My hand rested under her chin and slightly and delicately pushed her head up so that our eyes connected with each other for a while. Then my eyes drifted to her plump lips and without missing another second my lips collided with hers in a passionate kiss. She struggled against me. She tried to push me but like what happened in the first kiss after few seconds she started to respond to me and I lost myself in this intoxicating kiss.  I have kissed thousands of girls before but I never felt a fire igniting within me until now. Even when I kissed Rose before I never felt this way...

"Why?" Maya breathlessly asked after our need of air kicked in and forced us to stop the kiss

"I don't know..." I replied honestly then waited for a bit and rushed out of Rose's house leaving Maya in the corridor alone 

Vote & comment & thank for your reads and support

What will happen next?