Double Trouble

I was in a surprisingly good mood when I got ready for school on Monday. I was even humming to myself. I continued humming the tune as I strolled down stairs, but I came to a stop when I saw and odd sight.

Damon had Elena pinned to the wall by her throat, looking quite angry. I raised an eyebrow, unable to contain the small part of me that cheered him on.

"I thought I told you to leave last night," Damon hissed.

"Damon, what are you doing?" Elena asked, looking scared.

"You think you're smart, dressing in her clothes? Enough with the games, Katherine," Damon snapped.

I did a double take.

"Katherine?" I repeated incredulously.

"You think I'm Katherine?" Elena asked, my input ignored. "Why would you think that? Katherine's in the tomb, isn't she?" Damon hesitated. "Isn't she?" Elena repeated.

"What's the hell's going on here?" Stefan asked, appearing beside me.

"You tell me," Elena replied. "Is Katherine in the tomb or not?"

Stefan looked back to the stairs, dread coming across his features before he disappeared. Curious, I followed my twin to his room, only to find him shoving Elena up against the wall.

"Stefan, what are you doing?" Elena demanded. 

"How could you do this?" Stefan growled.

"Stefan, you're hurting me!"

"Stop it, Katherine!"

"Stop what?"

I spun around, only to find the other Elena with a smirk on her face. Katherine chuckled, looking at Elena.

"It's getting really easy being you," she commented.

-

"Why isn't she in the tomb?" Elena demanded, refusing to acknowledge Katherine, who was across the other side of the room.

"Does somebody want to tell me what the hell's going on here?" I asked boredly, lounging on Stefan's bed. "How the hell did Katherine get in the tomb in the first place?"

"Aw, poor little Amelia, always out of the loop," Katherine smirked tauntingly.

I scowled at her. "I was really hoping you'd be dead by now."

"Long story short, I came here for the moonstone, but ended up in the tomb instead," Katherine said boredly. "The spell was broken, but your little friend Elijah compelled me to stay in there. But now that Elijah's dead, I'm free to do as I please."

"I could always go undagger him," I suggested casually. She glared at me.

"I don't want you here," Elena stated angrily, glaring at the other Doppelganger. She looked at Stefan. "Get her out of here!"

"Mmm... Two Doppelgangers," I groaned lightly to myself. "This'll be great."

"You need me, Elena," Katherine said, ignoring me. "You all do."

I snorted.

"Like hell," Damon scoffed.

"We all want the same thing," Katherine announced. "Klaus dead. Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off."

"I don't need your help," Elena told her. "And I don't want it!"

"And that's incredibly stupid of you," Katherine remarked. "Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, or what he looks like?"