Chapter Two

I was told that I was going to prepare for Gabriel Fajardo's engagement party. He really trusts me. He allows me to decide on my own. The very fact of I can decide on my own, I must be nice to the reason why Kuya is being super nice. I think, to conceptualize a flash mob in expense of my time was out of his love for her.

Every Saturday, he always reminds me about his proposal. Well, I organized several events but a proposal? I think I need their friends.

I called Mr. Musician to know Ate Mandy better. And he was so accommodating that he volunteered to contact their friends. He also gave me a helping hand on the different aspects of the proposal. Leo helped me in the playlist since he is into music. I should say this: He is a life-saver. . .

I have two months to prepare and each day I discovered little things about Leo. I discovered he plays piano, guitars, bass, and drums. What's the point of knowing him anyway? After the proposal, we would be living separate lives.

Aside from running to the mall to buy supplies, he accompanied me to my entire desired destination. He also invaded my new office in Mandaluyong. After work, he would pick me up and spend time talking about the couple. Spell Ideal Man . . . L-E-O. . .

We never talk about his work though. I don't really ask him neither. Well, as far as I am concern, I am just doing this for my brother. Is that what I am implying? Yes. I never ask about personal questions like what is his real name or his day job. After the wedding, we won't see each other anymore. Not unless he wants to stay. Yeah right. . . Imagine a Richard-Gutierrez-look-alike to stay with me. That was totally impossible.

I was employed in one of the accounting firms in the Metro Manila. I already gained friends after the employment process. One of them, the gorgeous Krissy, asked, "The guy who picked you up yesterday, Is that your boyfriend?"

"Do you like him?" I asked while looking delighted.

She immediately raised her hand to show me her engagement ring. She asked again, "Are you dating him?"

"I hope. . . But we are just hanging out because of my big brother's engagement party." I grinned. At least I am honest about it.

She suddenly asked me, "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"None at this moment."

"I think, you are so choosy when it comes to guys. . ."

"It's the other way around; guys are choosy." We laughed out loud and considered each other friends since then

I don't normally do listing but since this proposal was not for me, I would try to make one. I wrote down Kuya Gabby's brilliant ideas. His first mushy idea was a flash mob with a twist that has practices every Saturday. The fact that he embraced his first love, music, I would finally see him perform. If he is not a doctor, probably he will be a well-known singer.

He also selected Nuvali to be the proposal location. The picture collage tarp and playlist were all Leo's idea since Ate Mandy's passion is music. He also revealed that Ate Mandy became their band vocalist for a time.

One Saturday, I got a chance to listen to Leo when he sang With a Smile by the Eraserheads. His voice is good. . . I mean that husky rocker voice really blew me away. I think he likes Ate Mandy''s friend, Bea. No wonder he likes her. That lean athletic figure is to die for.

I stared curiously to him and asked, "You like Bea?"

I smiled when he shook his head. He told me, "Not Bea . . . But I have to tell you, I like someone." He winked at me. He continued by saying, "She will find out soon. When I am ready to fall in love again, I will court her."