Chapter Three

I heard my alarm so I went to our bathroom/restroom. I felt groggy so when I opened the shower, I almost fainted. I only have 2 hours of sleep.

When I was done with my morning rituals, I went to our kitchen. A crescent-shaped chest by adding rear cabinets and a marble top upgrade the look of our kitchen. The island is painted a medium blue that brings edge to the white and gray color scheme. A pair of architect's drafting table serves as a thrift store with modified glass top which serves as the island. The butcher-block-and-marble island on the middle packed it with functionality. It has a lot of cabinets, a sink and a dishwasher. The ref is on the left side of it.

I prepared my breakfast; pancakes for everyone and hotdogs for me. Everyone was still sleeping and I felt belting to the tune With a Smile.

I heard all of them shouting, "Galilei. . ."

"Ugh, it's Stephanie, people. . . Stephanie. . ." I replied with a loud chuckle. For the record, I really don't think singing was for me.

After preparing, I ate alone. It was too early for them to get up. I also washed the dishes and prepare the table for my family before going to Mandaluyong.

Well, working in a high-stress office where missing a detail can mean high costs for our client down the road. My job needs calmness, organization, and a bit of creativity in order to thrive. I am not bogging down by my responsibility to play a key role in our client's financial health.

All I need to do is to live with integrity and honesty. In other words, I should keep the confidentiality a bit high. I should also remind our clients to follow all relevant laws that would keep them out in trouble. Though I am not that organized, I made sure that I learn how to prioritize.

Office hours for me have begun. My job is to ensure timely and accurate processing of every transaction of 10 clients related to finance. Yes, ten clients. . . I have to check their accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost accounting, financial audit, cash/fund management, cash flow and bank relations.

I was in the midst of my financial audit report when Krissy handed me a very chic envelop. I asked her, "What's this?"

"Wedding invites. I want you to have a date. Maybe Mr. Musician can come." Krissy smiled at me. "I hope you could mark your calendar now."

"I will." I hugged him. All of a sudden, a man shouted, "Can I join for a group hug?" It was another new friend, DJ. He topped the CPA exams and a hottie too.

"Hey DJ. Can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure, you can be my date. . ." He winked and said, "Is that the favor?"

I nodded and his smile became huge. Well, he is my office crush anyways. Why not take a chance on him? Right?

DJ stands for Donald James. We often call him Mcdo when Krissy and I conversed. He is like Jericho Rosales minus the abs. He often told us that he has one pack and called it an ab. We really giggled whenever he talked about it.

When I looked at the calendar, it was two weeks before the proposal. I listed all the possible things that I need to pull off my big brother's engagement. I contacted the videographer, photographer, and flower shop. I sent a text message to Kuya Gabby to remind him about the ring.

My office duties finally came to an end. I went to the lobby to call Leo. I tried to jog his memory that we will have an event the next Saturday.

Line 1: Hello Silly Stephanie. . . What can I do for you?

Line 2: I am just reminding you about Kuya's proposal.

Line 1: I thought you miss me.

Line 2: What's with the face?

Did he see my reaction? My eyes searched for him instantly. I saw him on the right side, smiling. He went near me and hugged me as if we are close friends. I awkwardly smiled.

"So . . . can you tell me what's with the face?"

"You saw that?"

"Yeah. The I-Miss-You-Too reaction."

I laughed at him that made him pout. How cute. . . That upset glance really made me laugh even more. "You are so cute when you are upset. . ."

It made him feel better. He asked, "Do you like to go for a snack?"

I nodded and posted a question, "Why are you here?"

"Because I want to?"

"Okay. Let's go and discuss the proposal."

"Alright. . . But can we tackle more topics if we finished with the proposal talks?"

"I'll think about it. . ." When I told him this, he pouted again. I slightly pulled his hair and I think it offended him. But he smiled and pulled my long light latte hair.

He drove to SM Megamall and he assisted me to my favorite restaurant. I ordered all my favorite foods namely: chicken curry, pinakbet, and lechon kawali.

He was so shocked that he asked, "Are you that hungry?"

"I know, I eat like a man but this is my natural self."

"Great. . . We can schedule food trips too."

"Sure. . ."

We ate dinner and had dessert too; Chocolate ice cream for the win. . . I gained a travel buddy too. We planned to go to Palawan or Puerto Galera with our friends. We also planned to pair them; I mean the single friends.

We had fun but wait. . . What's with the planning? Are we going to see each other after my eldest brother's wedding? We are seeing each other. But I cannot initiate the topic about seeing each other after the wedding.

I think he observed that I am over-thinking. He said, "We are officially dating. If that's what you want to hear. That is if you want to."

"Is it too fast?"

"The four months?" He asked with a wrinkled forehead.

I just nodded. And surprisingly, he replied, "No. You can always discover something new every day. Four months for me is enough to admire you."

I almost dropped my jaw. But I have to admit that I cannot believe this is happening to me. The mere idea that a Richard-Gutierrez-look-alike admired you, this is too much. I excused myself and went to the comfort room.

A day before the proposal, we spent time in preparing for the momentous event. After the preparation, I treated the family with a spa treatment. We went to a restaurant to eat. Tonton brought with him Mica and he introduced her as his girlfriend.

He laughed at me and said, "No more black mail, Ate Galilei."

I pretended to look upset. Joking intensified when we saw DJ and Leo in the mall separately.

The proposal went well. I was told that maybe I couldbe a good wedding or event coordinator. I couldn't agree more when Mom and Dadsuggested it to be a side line. I thought about that and landed to say yes towedding coordination. My first customers were the newly engage couple.