Chapter Four

I checked on my calendar and it was a week before Krissy's wedding. I asked Krissy what was the motif. She said that they preferred a beach wedding because they loved traveling together.

Their wedding's theme was under-the-sea theme. Blue green outfit would fit that. I have to shop for the perfect outfit for the wedding. DJ saw me calculating my monthly expenses.

He asked, "Do you plan to buy the wedding outfit?" He smiled dearly and uttered, "I could accompany you. After shopping, we can have dinner?"

"Sure. . ." I smiled at him.

"When are you planning to go?"

"Maybe tomorrow?"

"It's a date then."

The day went well and I was still shock that Leo was at our lobby again. When DJ saw it, he shouted, "See you tomorrow." He winked while looking intensely on Leo.

"What's with that guy?" He curiously asked.

"He offered to be my shopping buddy."

"Ah I see."

"What are you doing here?"

"Fetching my friend to have quality time with her?"

"Quality time is for lovers, Mr. Santos."

"We are on that way. . ." He exclaimed while winking at me.

"So, are you saying . . ."

"Yes Stephanie. I am courting you."

"Can we go home so that you can court with my parents around?" I winked at him.

"They are expecting us to be there."

"They?" With wrinkled forehead, I asked.

"Well, they knew about this. Your parents . . . they knew about the courtship." That is a revelation. A very shocking revelation came that a man like this still exists.

When we arrived at home, everyone was in our living room. It has pitched roof that gives a bit of height. They all sat at the low, angular sofa. I paid respect to them. Mom was smiling at me while Dad, he was too serious to smile.

We sat in the light yellow modern sling chairs. Its contrast makes visual interest.

While they were interrogating him, I excused myself to put comfortable clothes on. What should I wear? Pants, or dress? I ended up putting on pants and a stylish blouse.

I overheard Mr. Santos saying, "The moment I saw her, I know we have a connection. She was pissed at blind dates and I felt it."

When Tonton saw me, he cleared his throat. I glided and sat to the sling chair.

He didn't give me anything but his time. My family enjoyed the food and gifts he gave. At our dinner table, he really made efforts to get to know my family.

Mom asked, "Leo said you have a shopping date tomorrow? I trust Leo so he can come with you."

"I have a chaperon?" I laughed at his strategy.

"No chaperon, no date."

"Okay Mom. . . Let me remind you, I am of legal age."

"I agree with your mom, young lady." Dad said so I can't protest because he was the boss.

The next day, I was excited for shopping. I informed DJ that someone was joining us. I saw how upset he was.

"Is that the one who pick you up yesterday? Is that your boyfriend?" He asked six to seven questions during lunch.

"Hey. . . One at a time . . ." I simultaneously complained after the fourth question. I answered the queries one by one.

After lunch, I immediately ran for my client visits. It was almost six when I returned to get my bag. I forgot that I have a shopping date with DJ and Leo. They were waiting for me at the lobby. They waved at me; DJ on my right side and Leo on my left. They walked towards me.

"I'm so tired. I want to go home." I pouted. "But we have shopping date. Let's go. . ."

They handed me shopping bags concurrently. They smiled at me. I asked them what were those and they replied again while fiercely staring at each other, "A gift. . ."

"Ah okay. Can we eat? I am starving. . ." I said.

"I know what starving means to you." Leo replied while DJ has no idea on what Leo is saying. I laughed at them.

We have a great time talking and they became friendseventually. I started wondering what's in the bags. After eating, I decided tocheck on the bags. Stylish dresses from guys? I thank them for it.