Ch. 4 "The worst sister ever".

Mrs. Styles came home later than usual from work. 
When she got out her car she assumed both of her kids were sleeping because all the lights were out. Anne opened the door and when she turned the living room's light she saw something that scared her. Beside the couch was her son lying limply. 
"HARRY!" She exclaimed and dropped all the things she had in her hands. 

Anne kneeled beside the boy and took him into her arms, she pushed some of the boy's curls off his forehead and shook him gently.

"Harry, darling..." She said with a panicked tone. 
The boy opened his eyes slowly, "Mum?" He said with his voice rough "Mom? What's wrong?" He said recovering consciousness. He sat up and hugged his mother tight.
"You scared the hell out of me, Harry" she said with a relieved sigh and hugged her son. 
"Where's your sister, honey?" Anne asked as she got up and took her son with her into the kitchen. 
When Harry's mom turned around to look at him, he was looking at his shoes. 
"Harry?" she said softly.
A quietly sob filled the silence and teardrops fell onto Harry's boots. 
"Is something wrong with your sister?" Anne asked as panic came to her again. 
Harry shook his head but he was still crying. His mother hugged him and he cried into her shoulder. 
"I- I to-... Told her 'bout Louis" he said between hiccups and begun crying again.
Anne just hugged him, trying to calm his son down. His mind was running, trying to figure out what could upset him that much. Was it this kid Louis? No, this had to do with Gemma and something Harry said. 
"Are you fighting?" She said softly into Harry's curls. 
He shook his head and added as he sniffled "Told her about Louis and now she hates me".
Then it clicked. Harry talked about the boy he liked to his sister and she... This couldn't be, Gemma was not like that. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Honey, why don't you go to sleep? It's late and you have school tomorrow. I'll talk to your sister. Okay? It’ll be fine" she said as she softly caressed his son's curls.

Harry sniffled and nodded, "’Key. Thanks. Good night". Then he left still sniffing towards his room.

Anne sat down on a kitchen chair and laid her head over her arms on the table. This was the hardest thing she had to face until now, and she had always been a single mother, by choice of course. She sighed and got up, Anne took off her blazer and scarf and walked out of the kitchen.

When Mrs. Styles was outside her daughter’s room she knocked on the wood gently with her knuckles.

"Yeah?" She heard the muffled voice of Gemma.

Anne sighed again, turned the knob and pushed the door open slowly. "Hi, honey". She said smiling.

"Hello, mummy. How was work?" The teenage asked, smiling at her mother while she took off her earbuds, closed her laptop and placed it on the bed right beside her.

"Oh! It was fine. Work is work, you know" she said smiling as she walked towards the bed and sat beside Gemma.

"That's cool. So... can I go to Sofia's party on Friday?" The girl asked as she smiled at her mom and batted her lashes at the same time.

"I told you I'd think about it" Anne said and Gemma's face fell.

"Why are you here, then?" The girl asked faking hurt.

"Uh... Gem. I want to talk to you... About Harry" Anne said seriously and sat cross legged in front of her daughter.

"What's wrong with him?" she asked confusedly.

"When I came home I found him asleep on the living room floor with his eyes swollen and bloodshot red. When I asked him what was wrong he said nothing, but then I asked him about you and he began crying, like, literally sobbing". Mrs. Styles explained at her older child.

The girl looked at her startled, "Really?" Gemma asked. "Yes. Any idea of why?" her mother asked and looked at her expectantly.

Truth to be told, Anne didn't want to have problem with any of her 'babies', and she was really afraid of them having problems between them. Siblings' troubles never end well and she knew it.

"Not really" the girl said still confused, "He was just telling me about this Louis kid that he..." her eyes opened as wide as plates and her face went white."Oh, God. He thinks that...Shit". Gemma swore under her breath.

"Gem? Care to explain?"

"I did something awful!" she said as she face palmed herself, her mother was still staring at her confused. The teenager sighed and looked at her with her face partly hidden in shame. "Fanny has been going on about Harry being gay since she met him, and I swear I didn't mean to, but we ended up making a bet about Harry's sexual orientation".

"Gemma!" Anne exclaimed angrily, ready to lecture her but the girl held a hand up and sighed once again.

"The bet was that if Harry turned out being gay I would shave my head, like totally or the other way around. The thing is, that when Harry was telling me about this boy and I realized where the conversation was going the bet came into my mind, and I ran off to my room because I needed to tell Fanny and try to convince her of cancelling the bet. She said that it was just a joke and I didn't have to worry but...Mom! Harry thought that I- because he is gay...and I don’t. MOM!" the girl slumped face first into the mattress. "I'm the worst sister ever". She said, or at least that was what Anne thought she said because of the mattress muffling her words, she couldn't be really sure.

"Gemma, dear. I think you should say this to Harry, or at least let him know that you support him. He was really upset because he thinks that you hate him" the mother said as she caressed her daughter's hair.

Gemma nodded still into the mattress and Anne leaned down to kiss her head, "Good night, dear" she said and walked out of the pink room.

Anne walked across the hallway and opened Harry's door. The curly boy was lying on his bed, sleeping soundly; his mother walked in and leaned down to kiss his cheek.

"Sleep well, my angel", she said and then went to her own room.

That night none of the Styles slept well, but they hoped for the sun to bring a brighter day with it.

~~~~x~~~~

Well, well, well I already said I was sorry. But this had to happen, it was necessary. 

For some weird reason wattpad rated this as PG-13... hum, I don't know. Maybe I put too many times the names with exclamation marks. 

Please comment, vote and the whole thing. If you do I'll send you an invisible flower crown! 

X.