Law: Silent (3)

"Hey, Law." You called, looking over your book and slightly nuzzling the doctor's leg with your foot, as you both lied facing each other on one of the library's greenish couches. As the day had turned out to be really boring, you had decided to stay in this comfortable room and read together, away from the crew's activities, which would usually form a ruckus. Upon receiving a soft hum as a response from the male, you continued. "When are we supposed to get to Zou? It's been almost a week since we left Dressrosa." You asked, tilting your head to the side. Law raised an eyebrow and looked at you leaving his book aside.

"We shall get there in a couple of days, I think. I'm not entirely positive, but I doubt it will last long until we arrive." At that response, you dully hummed, looking back at your book as if pretending to have forgotten the short talk. Law frowned at your changed demeanor. "Is something the matter?"

"No, nothing... don't worry." You answered, flashing him a bright smile. But that only got him rolling his eyes at you, and your smile faded instantly. He set his book on the couch behind him, and started crawling towards you, until his lithe frame was settled between your legs. He brought a big, tattooed hand to your now reddened face and made you look at his piercing gray eyes.

"Is something the matter?" He repeated, sounding strangely softer this time. You bit your lip and tried to look away, but he wouldn't let you. "(Y/N), I can tell something is wrong. You can tell me what it is." He reassured, not a hint of annoyance nor impatience in his words. His baritone voice made you feel so at ease. With a deep sight, you complied to his simple ask.

"So the end is nearing..." You muttered with a sad frown. Law cocked his head to the side, not fully understanding the meaning behind your words. That's until you spoke again, without him having to ask you. "When you meet your crew... we will part ways..." You muttered, and held back a sob. Law's gaze softened, as the hand on your cheek trailed down, feathery stroking over your collarbones, then reached your shoulder and grasped it firmly.

"Is only that?" He asked, making you spare him a bewildered glance. Was he serious? Did he really think that it wasn't a big deal? Your thoughts were stopped as he sighed deeply, a sigh of relief. "You scared me. I thought that you meant something about ending our relationship. I don't want that." He stated seriously, and you blushed more at his intense gaze.

"But what are we going to do? The alliance will end, and there won't be any reason to keep contact, so it may end." You mumbled, now feeling utterly depressed. Law sighed again, and hesitantly embraced you. It was kinda adorable how he had problems with displays of affection, although he performed them only to make you feel loved.

"If I remember correctly, I proposed an alliance to defeat Kaido." He talked against the soft skin of your neck, bringing a ticklish sensation to you when his breath and goatee brushed on it. "So I guess I can stick around for a bit longer. Besides, if we separate, I promise I'll call you. Every night. No exception." He said while pulling away. A satisfied smirk occupied his lips at the sight of your happy expression.

"Really?" You asked with an excited grin, and seeing him nod made you squeak happily. You wrapped your arms around his neck and, innocently, forced him down. With a grunt, he placed both hands on the arm of the couch while you gleefully snuggled your head into the crook of his neck. "I love you!" Again. That weird feeling. Law bit his cheek, trying to keep his composure as you kept treating him so... so warmly.