Law: Rare beauty

A/N: Archaeologist!Reader.

Law stopped in his tracks, having caught sight of a dirty shine at his feet. Looking down, his eyes seemed to light up for the briefest of moments. He knelt down and took the small coin in his tattooed hand, a tiny smirk tugging at his lips as he tucked it within the pocket of his spotted jeans.

It shouldn't be a surprise to find an old coin on the rough pavement of a street at an island infamous for its archaeological activity.

He kept walking, mood slightly better after the interesting finding, but stopped again upon seeing yet another round, age-worn piece of metal shining with the sun light from above.

This was getting strange.

Looking ahead, he saw a woman walking steadily further, a brown, leather bag hanging from her shoulder and, from it, another coin falling and clicking before stilling onto the ground. He frowned, resuming his strolling, and picking up both coins from the ground – as well as the ones which had fallen as she advanced farther.

Once he was just behind her, he hesitated for a moment before tapping her shoulder twice, causing her to flinch. Her (H/L) (H/C) strands nearly slapped his face as she turned around, wide, (E/C) pools staring at him, and taking in his features with question.

Law momentarily lost his voice, and his heart skip a beat as another coin fell from the bag, her movement harsh enough to cause it. She turned her eyes towards the sound and knelt down, trying to take the coin, only for it to slip between her fingers every time. Law cleared his throat, making her look at him.

"These fell from your bag too. You should check it in search of a hole." He mumbled, taking the coins into her sight field. Her eyes alternated between the coins on his hand and the man's own face. She blushed, catching the piece on the floor before instinctively taking his hand as a help to straighten up.

When she noticed, a deep blush surfaced her cheeks, and he looked away, feeling how her trembling hand took the coins from his.

"T-Thanks." He nodded, wanting to keep walking ahead, as did she. But neither of them could find the strength to move away from each other. She spoke, then, low and shy. "D-Do you like coins?"

Law glanced at her surprised, her fingers played with the leash of her bag. Shrugging his shoulders, he nodded his head again.

"I do, actually. They're pretty interesting." He mumbled, and she looked up at him, now smiling.

"I see. That's really nice." She whispered. "So... Would you like to come and see these?" She offered quietly, timid behavior back after she had stared at him long enough. Law eyed her cautiously, frown deepening.

"Why do you trust me enough to suggest that I accompany you?" He asked slowly. The (H/C)-haired girl shrugged her shoulders, avoiding his gaze.

"I guess I think you're nice." She responded vaguely. "And you gave the coins back to their owner, instead of keeping them for your own purposes. So I think I can trust you."