3; holly, jolly

3. HOLLY, JOLLY

❝I GUESS I'D RATHER OBSERVE PEOPLE, THAN YOU KNOW... TALK TO THEM. IT'S JUST SOMETIMES PEOPLE DON'T REALLY SAY WHAT THEY ARE THINKING. BUT YOU CAPTURE THE RIGHT MOMENT IT SAYS MORE,❞

edited

"Dustin eat your food slower! It's not the end of the world," Winona tutted swiping away the bread in front of her younger brother before he could steal some more. Dustin's curly mop of hair barely looked up as he scarfed down yet another sandwich. Winona was more than certain that he wasn't actually eating then but sliding them into his pocket. Since Will's disappearance the Henderson siblings had changed quite a bit. Winona had been hanging out/ helping Jonathan whilst Dustin had been spending even more time than usual at Mike Wheeler's house. She wasn't exactly complaining as it was actually quite nice spending time without her brother.

"I heard you wagged school yesterday with Jonathan," The curly haired boy looked up wiggling his eyebrows. She reached over to pinch his cheeks as he scrunched up his nose at her.

"Well I heard you don't have any teeth," she looked fondly at her brother, "Besides I'm helping him try and find Will,"

At that he stopped what he was doing and placed the sandwich down too look at her silently. It was like the mood had changed and Dustin had lost his appetite. She chewed her lip looking over at him worried.

"Are you okay Dust?" He didn't look at her silently thinking before tugging at her hand. "Can I show you something?" he asked, "But like you can't tell me anyone anything,"

"Scouts honour," She held up three fingers in a salute. Dustin nodded impressed she'd remembered anything from her failed scouting days. He pulled on his blue, white and red cap over his curls and picked up his schoolbag. She didn't bother taking hers for she figured whatever he showed her would render school irrelevant (well more than it already was). Besides she was failing Psychology and felt like avoiding it more than anything else.

Dustin got on his bike as she went into the garage and pulled out her rusted old yellow one. She looked at it distastefully as this was the very reason she had stolen Dustin's the last few nights. The rust got caught on her tights and blue skirt as she road the deflated wheels after her brother. It wasn't that long of a ride for the Wheelers, whom she assumed they were going to wasn't that far away. Especially when one new as many short cuts as her brother did.

She jumped off the bike as soon as they got to the houses garden shaking of the dirt and rust that clung to her. Dustin motioned to her to enter through the garage with him. It was dark and felt ominous but she was curious as she followed her brother into the basement.

The basement was just like it always was, dimly lit with whatever game the boys were fascinated with at the time. Staring at her was Mike, Lucas and a new boy, wait new girl. She tilted her head in a wordless hello as Lucas turned to Dustin.

"Why is she hear?" He exclaimed.

"She's helping look for Will and- and I thought someone older the us should now," Dustin seemed to have rehearsed his argument.

"What did you boys and does it have something to the girl," She placed a hand on her hips looking over at the three of them expectantly. The girl was quiet staring at her. Mike sighed shaking his head deciding that there was no way out of telling her. "We went for Will, and we found her in the exact same spot he went missing," words tumbled out of his mouth. "And then later we were in my room and she recognized Will,"

"Your parent don't know," She said staring at the girl in front of them, she looked malnourished and her hair was shaven.

"They can't know," Mike sighed standing up to walk next to the girl, "Her names Eleven," at that Winona raised an eyebrow. "Eleven, this is Winona. You can trust her, I promise," he smiled down at Eleven who looked at Winona clearly not passing judgment yet.