7; the bathtub

7. THE BATHTUB

❝REMEMBER THIS FEELING, JUST REMEMBER WHAT THIS FEELS LIKE,❞

not edited

Her fingers twitched as wished she had a cigarette between them. She was jittering, worried, adrenaline coursing through her veins. Nancy would glance over at her occasionally as if to check that she was still there. And she was, even though her eyes seemed distant. The pain in her ankle was still there causing her to move her leg to more comfortable positions. She took a deep breath trying to calm herself, this whole event would make an amazing editorial. Not that anyone would believe her, this whole event could be described as an acid trip. At the back of her mind she couldn't help but feel guilty about still not finishing the article on Will, but right now that seemed to be the least of her concerns.

She wondered what Dustin was doing right now, god she felt like the worlds worst sister. She'd neglected him among other things, of course right now he seemed to be caught up in the strange girl he'd introduced her too. But still, she should have tried harder to take care of him, heaven knows what he had got himself into.

The police station they sat in was bustling, occasionally an officer would come and check on them. Next to her Jonathan sighed resting an icepack on one of his hands the other playing with her own. Cuts and bruises covered both their knuckles.

"Jonathon? Jesus what happened?" they all looked up to see Joyce staring at her son wide eyed.

"I'm fine," he murmured letting go of Winona's hand and staring guilty down at the hands cuffs on him. Apparently that's what happened when you beat someone up. "Why's he in handcuffs" Joyce seemed exasperated shaking her head in disbelief. The curly haired officer sighed, "He-"

"Take them off," Joyce interrupted.

"I can't do that M'am," he pushed his glasses up his nose.

"You heard her, take them off," A deeper voice came from behind her. Winona let out a small laugh when she saw Jim Hopper, the chief policeman of the town. "Don't tell me you're caught up in this shit as well?" she asked shaking her head amused.

"Please stop back chatting us," the other policeman muttered staring at the ground to avoid her death glare. Nancy kicked her in the foot sending her an emotional glance. "Look chief, I know everyone's emotional right now but there's something you need to see," another one said, holding more authority then the horn rimmed glasses one. The three of them exchanged a glance realizing that their box of ballistics had most likely been found. Sure enough, the box of weapons they'd just brought was dropped onto the table in front of them. Jonathan let out a sigh as Nancy sunk into her chair more. Winona shook her head, "You know, it's really easy to get a false rumour running in the press," she began.

"Okay, maybe now's not the right time for blackmail," Nancy whispered causing Winona to sigh and rest her head on Jonathan's shoulder. Joyce was rummaging through them highly confused.

"Why were you going through my car?" Jonathan asked anger radiating off him.

"Is that really the question you should be asking me?" Hopper leaned closer to him, on closer exception the chief looked run down and tired. "I want to see you in my office," he straightened, a deathly look in his eyes.

"You won't believe me," Jonathan sighed staring at the box.

"Why don't you give me a try?" Hopper's voice rung through the room and the trio collective held a small bit of hope.