2020

Snap! Snap! Snap!

"Spice it up a little bit!" I yell out to the model standing in front of me.

She puts a foot up on the brick wall behind her and moves her body, striking different poses along the way.

Snap! Snap! Snap! Snap!

"Okay! I think we're good for today!" I call out and press the power button on my DSLR.

The tall, long-haired brunette places her foot back on the ground and smiles brightly at me.

I grin back. "Great job today, Cierra." I reach out my hand to shake hers. "As always, it was a pleasure."

"No problem! I always look forward to shoots with you."

Before leaving, she reaches out and gives me a hug.

I hug her back and when I pull back, for a second, she looks like Riley.

I shake that feeling off, knowing that the beauty of Cierra and all the other model's I've photographed in my career doesn't compare at all to that of Riley's.

'Stop it! She's married,' I scold myself.

But I can't help myself. For the last few weeks, I've thought of Riley constantly. Ever since I saw that she'd be on the cast for that little movie nobody knows about but that I just so happened to find, I haven't been able to get her off of my mind.

'What does she look like now?'

'Is she happy with him?'

'Does she like it in California more than she ever did here?'

These questions and more plague my mind every day. In addition to the one . . . the one question that surmounts them all:

'Does she even miss me?'

<3 ash | 8.8.16