Chapter Thirty Four.

I aimlessly scrolled through the messages on my phone, my fingers drumming against the steering wheel as I listened to The Vaccines, waiting for Louis to finish work. The phone was placed on the dashboard before I looked at my watch. What was taking him so long? I was just about to go and search for him when the door to the shop opened. He clumsily stumbled out, probably tripping over his own feet, knowing Louis. But my attention then narrowed on the guy who followed out behind him. My right hand clenched round the wheel as he quickly took his forearm, helping to steady him. Why was he touching him?

He smiled at him before he handed him his phone. What was going on? I pushed my curls back as I continued to watch the interaction. I didn’t like the way he was looking at him…or lusting after him. But I remained in the car, knowing Louis wouldn’t appreciate it if I intervened. The longer I observed them, the tighter my grip became, knuckles turning white.

As he walked away his eyes followed after him. He was making it blatantly obvious he was checking him out. Even when he was climbing into my car, there was a subtle tilt to his head as he gaped at his arse. Oh fuck this.

“Who’s that?” I asked sharply.

“Hello to you too, Harry.” He replied sarcastically before kissing my cheek.

Louis' fingers brushed back his small fringe from his face as he studied my less than pleased expression.

“Who is he?” I repeated a little angrier.

I think Louis knew I wasn’t in the mood to joke. His posture gave off the impression he was little apprehensive of my reaction.

“Dan.” Louis spoke quietly, looking down.

“And?” I raised my eyebrows.

My patience was wearing thin asshe gave me as little information as possible.

“And he’s just started work at the shop.”

“Why did he give you his phone?”

He bravely peered up to me. His lips parted to speak then clamped shut. I watched his gaze fall down once again.

“H-He’s new to the area. He asked if he could have my number so I could show him round.” Louis replied quietly.

He nervously his lip as he looked down to his lap once again.

“You’re not showing him round.” I bit back.

I had a good idea what he wanted to see and he must have been fucking stupid to think I would let him anywhere near. Louis' gaze came back to me, eyebrows set in a frown. I knew he wanted to protest but he bit his tongue. There wasn’t much point in arguing about it. I would get my way.

“Did you tell him you had a boyfriend?”

I forced my tone to resonate a softer sound, knowing I would get little out of him if he was frightened. My finger’s gently caught hold of his chin, angling it towards me as I brushed my thumb over his bottom lip.

“N-No, it hadn’t come up in conversation.”

My touch instantly fell away, turning my head to pin Dan with my gaze. He was still stood outside the shop, curiously observing our interaction as he was forced to try and determine what was happening through the movement of our mouths.

“He’s nice, Harry.”

I could tell by the tone of Louis' voice he was desperately trying to convince me. My eyes squeezed closed in exasperation before locking my gaze with the guy sat in the passenger seat. He had no idea he had been shamelessly checking him out minutes before. His innocence still proved to be something of an astonishment to me. And I sure as hell wasn’t going to let this guy take advantage of his naivety. Louis really did have no clue the effect he had on males.