Chapter 4

A/N - So, this story is going places, and I think it will be about something totally different than I had expected. I may end up changing the title or description to still follow the story line. I have already changed the cover, but don't worry. I don't see this ending too soon.

****

Dean and Cas walked in the kitchen, hands intertwined with a wing draped over Dean's shoulder, to a sleep deprived Sam eating breakfast. Sam glanced up at them, then to their hands, and then back to his food.

The angel's hand in his gave him the courage to speak up. "So, uh, Sammy-,"

"Dean, it's fine, I'm cool with you guys together. Just please be quieter next time. I got like no sleep."

"Oh. Thanks, Sammy, and sorry." Dean laughed then visibly relaxed. Why was he so worried anyway? He knew Sam would understand.

"Besides I knew, that would happen eventually."

Dean and Cas replied in unison, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, it was kinda obvious from the start. There was some type of connection between you two, like you know all the staring, and Cas saving you from hell; I mean he put you back together piece by piece by piece."

Dean stared at his angel in pure admiration. He had done so much for them, some good some bad, but they always made it out alive because of him. Did Cas really put me back together piece by piece? How come I don't remember any of it? Thoughts zoomed through his mind.

Cas stared up into Dean's eyes. Have they always been that green? He wondered what Dean could be thinking and soon realized that he's probably thinking about hell, because of what Sam had said. He'll have to remember sometime, maybe this was it. Should I just tell him now to save him from having to remember?

Sam continued eating, duly noting that Cas and Dean were still staring at each other. But then Sam started thinking, maybe something did happen between them when Castiel saved him.

But they were all shaken from their thoughts and stares, when Dean accidentally broke a glass.

Dammit, again? Dean cursed at himself. Dean wanted to control his powers, but his angel made it so easy to just loose control. His powers were showing everyone how strongly he feels for Cas.

****

A few hours later, they were back to trying to practice Dean's new powers. Sam was on his laptop while Cas and Dean were in the other room trying out different ways to use his powers.

It was quite amazing, all the things he could do. Dean had telekinesis, and he could catch things on fire.

Dean had turned on a classic rock station while they were thinking of other things to try.

"Maybe healing? I could cut my hand or something, and see if I can heal it." Dean suggested.

Cas gave him a wary look. "Yes, we can try that, as long as you are careful."

"Cas, I'll be fine; just a cut." He leaned down, and kissed his forehead. He pulled a knife out of his pocket, and sliced it down the inside of his palm. He concentrated on his hand, and thought of Cas. He immediately felt the blood flow stop, and gazed down at his now healed palm.

Satisfied with his work, Dean said," Okay, this might not be so bad after all."