Chapter Four: All Nighter

I shouldn't have slacked off on this stupid 2,000 word essay for English. Now I'm forced to pull an all Nighter to find a good topic to write about and then write about it in my own words. I waited until last minute and now I regret it. I'm over at Sam's house because her printer is far better than mine. We're both looking for a good essay topic.

"I think I'm going to do how stress affects the brain," I say, "It's the most interesting one I could find. Thank god she gave us free reign on the topic."

"I know right! I'm doing mine on Barbie being gender based, like why does Barbie have to be a girl toy?" She says with a disapproving look.

"That's actually a pretty good topic." I reply with a smile. "Are the others coming over?"

"Yeah Brendon and Emillia are on their way."

"Nice maybe we can help them pick a topic."

I work on reading the article which is actually pretty good, turns out stress does affect the brain in many ways it can deprive the manufacture of certain neurotransmitters we need to carry out daily functions.  Huh. The more you know.

Right when I'm beginning to type my essay the doorbell rings. "Come in!" Sam yells then two of my friends walk in.

"Did you get here at the same time or did you car pool?" I ask.

"Carpool,"they both say at the same time.

"Welp get to work guys this essay isn't going to type itself." I say as I turn back to my laptop.

"Wait nu-uh girl your going to tell me about what happened at lunch." Brendon says with his arms crossed.

"You guys were there really isn't much to tell." I say rolling my eyes.

"Well how was the kiss? Does he kiss good? Or does he kiss bad?"

"Good." I say.

All of my friends go into a chorus of oos and ahs as I sigh and get back to my essay.

"You guys are annoying," I say matter of factly.

"BUT YOU LOVE US!" They all say at the same time.

I just nod my head in dissproval and turn back to my work.

When I finally finish my essay it's two in the morning. I print it out and get ready for bed. Luckily I brought pjs to Sam's house and crawled into the couch. Tomorrow is our first official whole entire day as boyfriend and girlfriend. Crystal Cardenas Richards.

I like the sound of that.

*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*

I wake up by myself in the morning and get ready I'm wearing some cute ripped blue jeans and a cute white top with my leather jacket. And my hair is in loose curls. I do my eyeliner thin and wing it out. Which I miraculously do in one try. (The gods are on my side today). I apply light pink lipgloss and head out the door. As I arrive in Richards (mopey moms boyfriend) murcielago Lamborghin, which I "borrowed", I climb out and walk into school. I climb upstairs to my English class, which I have first on Tuesdays and Thursday's, I walk in and see Jason already in his seat.

I sit down and pull out my binder. Along with my essay and my work cited.

"Hey," he finally says after 10 minutes of silence.

"Hey," I say back with a smile.

"So....what's your essay about?"

"How stress affects the brain. And yours?"

"Mine is about GMO's and how they can have long term effects on the human body."

"Cool"

There's an awkward silence until he clears his throat and says, "How are you and lover boy?"