Chapter 6

NASH IS NOT A VAMPIRE. LOL  

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I swished the vodka and coke around in my mouth, wincing. When Nash saw how I reacted, he smirked.

            “I like my alcohol strong,” was all he said.

            I coughed, feeling the burn in my throat, “Clearly.”

I leaned back on my palms, struck again by the beauty of the sky. I’d never seen it like this, living in New York was nice, sure, but you rarely ever saw the stars so open and out like this. He did the same as me, leaning back and looking up. We hadn’t started playing, just drinking.  

I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, and he cleared his throat. I snapped my head up, watching as a lazy grin worked its way onto his face. It made me shiver. I’d never seen him smile like that; it was like…it was like that was my smile; only a smile that he’d give me.

 I pressed my lips together, and sighed; stupid Aria. You’re not special, or different from any of the other girls he’s been with. I felt jealousy pulse through me, which surprised me. It’s not like I liked him or cared if he’d been with other girls. Obviously, he had. I mean, look at him. The jealousy still burned through me.

That’s why I couldn’t stop myself from blurting out, “Never have I ever slept around.” I could see the arrogant smirk before it was even on his face. Sure enough, there it was.

“Well, we know you haven’t slept around,” he snickered at his own joke, and I rolled my eyes, letting him laugh. He took a sip though, and I narrowed my eyes. He noticed this.

“What? You’re going to make me explain this, too?” he asked with a groan, lying down on his back, his plain red t-shirt getting wrinkled.

“Yes,” I quipped happily, cheerful that I got to hear more about him. He seemed so hidden; so mysterious. I was slightly ashamed that I was very attracted to that. I crossed my legs, rolling my lips into my mouth, and folded my hands together, giving him my full concentration.

He seemed amused by this, a half smile - that didn’t fail to make me breath unevenly- spreading across his lips. He pursed his lips. It looked like he was thinking of how to begin.

            “I like to have sex,” was his answer that made me choke on nothing but air, and my face go red. I slapped both hands to my cheeks, casting my eyes downward, feeling embarrassed. It was his laughter that made me look back up at him. He was shaking with silent laughter, still lying on his back, his stomach muscles rippling. He rolled his eyes, "I'm just kidding. I don't sleep around." 

 Oh lord, this boy has got some muscles under that shirt. I wonder what they feel like…maybe if I just get a look –

         “What are you staring at?” he interjected my thoughts, snapping me out of whatever pervert thoughts I had been thinking. 

            “N-nothing,” I stammered, my cheeks filling with color.

            “You look cute when you blush like that,” he said, his pinky fingering the bottom of my shirt, right near my waist.

            “Stop,” I murmured, looking down, embarrassed. His pinky finger continued to mess with the bottom of my shirt.

            “I was just saying,” he told me, shrugging one shoulder as if he complimented girls like that all the time. I felt annoyed. He probably did compliment girls like that all the time. He probably played with the bottoms of their shirt, and took them here, and dazzled them all the time – wait, dazzled? Seriously, what was this, twilight?