Chapter 14

"Pass the chips." 

         Nash hid his smile behind his hand, "I have no idea where they are." Nash couldn't do the innocent look to save his life. I rolled my eyes.

         "I hate you," I whined, reaching my hand further towards the chips, which were currently on the other side of him, nestled under his leg. "Stop hiding them, I can see them right there stupid." I scowled, poking the side of his face. He ignored this, of course. Though I know it annoyed him, since he glared at me. I hid my smirk and shifted my weight on the bed, and he turned his attention back to the movie. 

We were watching some movie called Gladiator. I didn't bother to pay attention, there was lots of blood and swords, that was all I knew. I heard the rustle of the chip bag and I knew Nash was trying to get chips without me noticing. I glared in his direction, not that he even realized.

One... two...three...

         "Argh!" I growled, hurling myself towards him on his side of the bed and snatching the bag of chips from his hands. I stuffed it into my shirt, and feeling victorious, I grinned. I was now tangled in his bed sheets and my arm had ended up under his leg, my head resting on his ankle. "Oops," I said with a small smirk on my face, de-tangling myself from him. 

         "For chips," he muttered to himself shaking his head, and grabbing the remote to turn the volume up to tune me out. I scowled at him, and munched on a chip. 

"Stop chewing so loud," Nash growled, turning the volume up even further. My cheeks were puffed out, full of chips, and I tried to chew less obnoxiously. Crunch...crunch...crunch. 

My lips curled into a smile as Nash glared at me, pausing his precious movie. Teasing Nash turned out to be very fun. 

I looked at him guiltily, my hands up in surrender, "All right, all right," I said, biting the inside of my cheeks so I didn't laugh or smile and annoy him further. I shot him a dorky thumbs up after swallowing the rest of the chips that were in my mouth. He rolled his eyes, but bit his lip like I had just done something cute. 

He pressed play, and his eyes trailed back to the movie, his shoulders relaxing. I stared at him in the dark of his room, the small TV he had flickering and making light splash across his face every so often. His lips were parted, freckles that I hadn't noticed before scattered around his nose and cheeks. His cheekbones were sharp and defined, but the way his eyes were blue and clear made him look more gentle in a way that most people wouldn't notice if they had just glanced at him.

         "Done staring?" he crooned in an arrogant way making me both blush red and scowl at the same time.

          "Who's staring?" I muttered, turning my attention to the TV.  I leaned my head back onto his pillows, sniffling and feeling my eyes flutter shut. I wanted to stay here, lost in his world. I knew that was silly, even half asleep.

          "Hey," Nash nudged my shoulder, "Come on," he coaxed, his lips at my ear, "Wake up." My eyelids fluttered, and I mumbled sleepily, pushing his hands away from me. He entwined our fingers, and I sleepily sat up. The TV screen showed that the credits were rolling. Nash's hair was sticking up in all directions and his eyes were sleepy. He had fallen asleep too. I smiled at his bed hair; almost as bad as mine, not quite, but almost. He smiled back in a confused way, making him look even more like a lost puppy.

          "You need a ride home?" Nash asked, and I gave him a small, reluctant nod. I placed my fingers in my lap, trying to stop fidgeting as he drove closer to my house. I was scared of what I'd find. More specifically, what I wouldn't find; like the heat still not on and no food in our fridge. One thing was on my mind: poor, sweet Chris. My baby brother didn't deserve this so young.