March 25, 1489

It is time for me to finally state that I have grown very attached to this Apple of Eden. It has power beyond understanding. After proving that I am able to withstand its power without it driving me into madness, I was allowed to handle it and study it farther. This was an opportunity my father back in Florence or maybe Venice by now would have never given me. Though I am protected by the Turkish brotherhood I still feel a sense of exposure in my late studies of the Apple. I have not slept in eighteen days due to the maddening power of the Apple. It is not my fault it chose me. The choice was not mine to make. I have been inured a gift unworthy of the fools I have worked with in the study and finding of the rest of the artifacts that correlate with the Apple. I see this as a game and many other people see it insanity, but it is not i who have grown into the hatred of the human race because all they do is lie and cheat. I have seen the perfect civilization through the Apple. My memory has been filled with clips of when the world was perfect. Until the day, all life stood still. All but the people. They were destroying what they had created. They had stolen what kept the world in balance and took it to Earth. It was dropped here that is why we have this ancient weapon. I may be able to find out how to use it, but in the meantime, I have a wedding to prepare for. The wedding of myself and Yusuf Tazim. The man of which I spoke of on previous pages. He and I are to be wed before the end of the summer. He knows about my research and will help me with finding the other relics which could unlock the mystery further. IF destiny finally prevails, I may finally find happiness.