July 14, 1489

The government has lied form the day we were small children. We must act a certain way. We must look certain way to be appealing to those around us and to keep the interest of our spouse and our courtier. NO! All this is a lie. We do not have to conform to the life of someone else. When society calls me crazy my Joseph still loves me dearly. His entirety is devoted to me and I to him. The government has said that we can not leave Turkey because I will not be accepted in my country any more because of my marriage. The government, also, wanted me gone anyway and was going to deport me to the Turks anyway. I kept them from giving me money and got out of their business. In another light, The Apple is my guide. It teaches me and brings me to do the things that "normal" individuals would never do. Could we even call them individuals? They have conformed deeply to the societies standards of beauty even my father, the TRUE father of invention. He only paints the "most" beautiful of men and women. He wouldn't want to paint his gypsy daughter now, would he? Even so I miss him. He wouldn't want to have me with him. I do write him often. He is busy enough to never write back. It is depressing, honestly. It takes him a long time to actually listen to what I have to say. 

Joseph has asked me to put his ideas into this journal as well. He had told me to write a book about my experiences with the Apple. I decided to rewrite all my journal entries into more of novel fashion. I'm not sure though what exactly novel fashion is. However, with the recent trouble ewe have been in, I have had to move my shop a few times and the customers have stopped coming as much as before because they have begun to get the notion that my little home is the home of an assassin leader. The shop however is still doing very well. Joseph has wondered how i kept things together for so long even with the baby on the way and the threat of the ones looking for my Apple. The constant threat of war has drawn closer, but more assassins have come along and have harbored themselves into my care. The house is large enough for twenty besides the rooms Joseph and I take up with our studies. The house is made up of three different smaller houses. One is the shop, the next is the brotherhood, and the last is where my family lives. The Apple however has made it difficult to keep sanity and is tiring to keep but I must.  It wasn't a choice I happily made. It was supposed to be just a trinket. The power was not supposed to be so strong. Now i can t control it. It is painful to have when everyone has expected so much more of you.