June 13, 1489

Here I am. My wedding night writing to you; my father is here. He is proud of the woman I have become and proud he can have a daughter like me. I am more than nervous. My hands are shaking. The Apple has spoken again. When this is all over, Yusuf and I will be going to Masyaf to investigate the library. The Apple showed me a man walking in. He was old. His heart failing him. It has come to light that the man of whom o speak was named Altaïr Ibn La'ahad, the leader of the Brotherhood and the greatest assassin in history. Our ways have differed so much form then, but one thing remains the same, the Blade. I have watched in memory over and over and noticed then and now the place is still the same. He waits for me as i write to the unknown which I have been shown. Someone is listening or reading. All you must know about this time is to not let anyone but the journal holder reach that Library. If it comes into the wrong hands the world will be doomed. All ready the Apple shows me the numbers 12/12/12. It means nothing to me now. Could this be the end of days. Whatever it means the goddess Minerva has spoken through the Apple and given me a name. Desmond. I do not know who this person is but if tis journal is ever found by the Assassins. Bring it to him. It is writing he will understand. Give him what he must know. I can not show my face in this dimension. it is painful to see and painful to always hear the screams of those killed in the Crusades. My heart aches for them. A son murdered another disappeared. Altar is watching Desmond. Desmond must know these things. for my life to mean anything as a mere messenger and means to an end give him my journal.