five

The next few days passed by in a blur as the wedding preparations got busy. Both our families are intending a small, but grand wedding which was something I didn't get at all.

Why the need for a grand wedding when Ethan and I were just going to split after a year? Do our parents really think we'll be able to develop feelings for one another? That thought is ridiculous. No, in fact, this whole thing was.

I sighed for the thousandth time as I put on yet another gown that Mrs Ford and my mother wanted me to try on.

I intended to choose two gowns, one for the wedding and the other for the party after it. Although the wedding was a month away, I had yet to decide on the gowns that I wanted as all of them were really pretty.

I stepped out of the changing room for the upteempth time, and my eyes widened when I saw that other than my mother and Mrs Ford—who had insisted that she wanted to see me try on the gowns, there was the presence of a third person.

His eyes caught mine as he looked up from his iPhone and they widened. I looked away quickly so that I wouldn't be caught staring at him.

"How's this one?" I asked, unsure when both my mother and Mrs Ford turned to Ethan to ask for his opinion. He had returned his attention to the game he was playing and just gave a shrug. "It's okay," he said.

I shrugged as well. Maybe this dress didn't really catch his eye.

I pulled the curtains of the changing room closed and tried the last gown. After this, I would have to choose the final gown that I wanted to wear on the wedding itself as my measurements would need to be taken and the dress had to be altered to fit me perfectly.

This gown was one of the few that caught my eye and I had wanted to try it on so badly. It had a sweet heart neckline and intricate patterns sewn on the sheer and delicate outermost layer of fabric. The dress hugged my figure and accentuated my curves nicely. The skirt was soft and flowy and cascaded down my figure, ending a few centimetres away from my feet.

This dress was perfect, my eyes sparkled as I admired the simple yet elegant dress on the mirror, and I was excited to pull the curtain apart to show the little audience outside. However, the only thing that stopped me was the fact that I could not reach the zip at the back of my dress.

"Um...mom? I need some help with the zip?" I called out a little hesitantly to her, but there was no reply. Just as I was about to call out to her again, someone stepped into the changing room.

I had expected her to ask the sales assistant to give me a hand, but I let out a little gasp when I saw the last person I was expecting.

"Go on, turn around," he said in a low, husky voice and I did as I was told. From the mirror, I could see his slender fingers zipping my gown up, the skim of his fingertips on my skin causing me to shiver.

"Than—," I muttered as I turned around to thank him but stopped when I realized how close our faces were. I had just realized how small this changing room was now that Ethan was in here.

None of us moved. It was like time stood still as our eyes locked onto each other's.

Why was he looking at me with such intensity? I was thinking to myself when a voice called out from outside the changing room, causing Ethan to look away sheepishly before exiting the room.

I shrugged to no one in particular before pulling the curtain aside. Both Mrs Ford and my mother's lips stretched out to form wide grins.

"This is it," my mother marveled and Mrs Ford clasped her hand together. "Son, what do you think?" She addressed Ethan. Ethan looked up at me and nodded, "it suits you."

I pulled the curtains and changed out of the dress. Now that I've decided on the gown I wanted for the wedding, I should pick out the one I want for the party. I scanned through the gowns I had tried on previously and my eyes landed on the two-toned gown.

This gown had short sleeves and the upper half was of a beige-ish tone, while the skirt was white and reminded me a little of the tutu of a ballet dancer's. I loved this piece as well, this would do.

After changing into my casual clothes which consisted of a navy sleeveless romper with ruffles at the chest, I exited the changing room.

My measurements were then taken by the shop assistant who told us that the dress would be ready in a week.

After that, all of us left to look at the apartments that Ethan and I were to stay in.

Thinking about it makes me shudder and I was dreading it already.